1154 replies to this topic

#46 adammini

adammini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

Ive got one of the Keith Calver induction kits on my mini. The single HIF44 one.

I had it rolling roaded and it got 108bhp with my 1380, although that was exactly the same as it was last time! But I have since dicovered that my LCB has cracked, so that would be sapping some power I expect. (Bloomin stainless steel!)

Adam

#47 andywaller

andywaller

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

i haven't touched my new head yet but may go and strip ip dont and give it a clean. i have been surching for good advice on how to do your own cylinder head mods and came across this.

click here

not much to report as i have run out of ideas now.

just waiting for variuos emails and qoutes to get back so i can move on to the next stage.

#48 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Your definatly going for the right look MOWOG. That blue turbo is one of the best looking minis ever. As for how low you can go on 10s, I never cut the rear arches on my black thirty. It only had about 15mm bump travel so it rarely rubbed. I found that due to the thick side walls on the 10 inch tyres they sort of take up a bit of the bumps up themselves. This wont happen with 7x10s though, as the side walls get alot stiffer. One things for shore though. If you want it as low as my thirty, or even my current one which is ALOT lower, dont let anyone sit in the back :nugget:

My Mk1 has had the rear arches cut right back and will literally let me sit the floor pan on the floor. At the moment, the rear anti roll bar sits 1.25 inches off the floor and I cant roll a can of WD40 under it :grin:

Attached Files

#49 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

cool stuff OSB.

dont worry i will be going as low as i can get without arch mods. i think my car will be looking even more like the turbo know as i cant get hold of a set of the silver bullet arches so it looks like i will have to go for a set of miglia arches.

just need to decide wheather to spend the extra and get them with the weave showing to match the roof!

i got my ITG filter delivered a minute ago and have already fitted it to my carb it looks well nice, will put some pictures up over the week end.

things are also moving on with the head. i have stripped it down and just need to get a valve spring compressor so i can strip it totaly. i will then be taking it to work and will be doing the works on it. it will be the equivelant to a morspeed stage 4 big valve head.

i am also trying to get hold of a 1275 short engine and will be taking this into work and boring it out to 1380cc and doing loads of mods to that.

i also am looking at getting a S/C C/R gearbox but dont think i can afford this.

i am aiming for around 100bhp and with the spec i am looking at this should hopefully be possible.

#50 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

:thumbsup: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attached Files

#51 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

Your definatly going for the right look MOWOG. That blue turbo is one of the best looking minis ever. As for how low you can go on 10s, I never cut the rear arches on my black thirty. It only had about 15mm bump travel so it rarely rubbed. I found that due to the thick side walls on the 10 inch tyres they sort of take up a bit of the bumps up themselves. This wont happen with 7x10s though, as the side walls get alot stiffer. One things for shore though. If you want it as low as my thirty, or even my current one which is ALOT lower, dont let anyone sit in the back :nugget:

My Mk1 has had the rear arches cut right back and will literally let me sit the floor pan on the floor. At the moment, the rear anti roll bar sits 1.25 inches off the floor and I cant roll a can of WD40 under it :grin:

when going that low do you have to re locate the brake union mounted to the radius arm ? (think thats what its called)

#52 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

I just fitted a braided brake line. It was very close though. Id consider fitting an anti roll bar/sway bar at the rear if your going as low as I did. It did nip the rear arch occasionaly on hard taken corners, so this would help reducing that and booosting the handling.

Sounds like this project is going to be a spanker. I love the miglia look. Nothing Fancy, just pure brutal looks which shout...SPEED! :grin:

#53 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:14 PM

yeah i have a set of those brake hoses. the get rid of the solid pipe and fit striaght to the brake.

Attached Files

#54 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:16 PM

OSB i have been thinking about a rear anti roll bar but decided i probably cant afford it ontop of everything else but it will be one of those development bits i can fit after i have the car finished and get a bit more cash!

i am adding a set of adjustable rear camber brakets on the parts list.

#55 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

well here are a few pictures of the ITG induction kit fitted.

i have just bought vizards bible so will be taking the carb back to pieces so that i can modify it, damn good book you know!

Attached Files

#56 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

how do the pipes fit on. i am looking at these but not sure how the bajo bit fits ti the rear cylinder

#57 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

this shows the ram pipe that is inside the filter. it is going to give really smooth air flow.

Attached Files

#58 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

hey mini boo. it looks to me like they just fit using a banjo bolt that goes onto the rear cylinder as just sort of a direct replacement.

#59 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

OOO is that carb new, looks very tidy :lol: Also that filter is a bit expensive for me.

#60 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

this is a quick snap of the head when i was stripping it down. i just need to get the valves out.

this part of the project may go on hold for a month or so as i am going to be taking the car of the road at the end of the month so i will strip the engine down and do all the machinig all at once.

the engine spec is not completly decided upon but i do know it will be a 1380 and will be preping the engine as vizard sugests.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users