#31 MINI WILL

MINI WILL

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Local Club: Let Me Do My Thang

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

How about a nice jag they sound nice and go some.

JAGUAR XK8 COUPE V8

O_O :ohno:

JAGUAR XK8 COUPE V8

http://www.ebay.co.u...676491243175600

JAGUAR XKR SUPERCHARGED

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a1795a313

#32 oliver122

oliver122

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

rx8 231bhp, then it gives you some spare money buy another mini ;)

http://www.pistonhea...les/3036537.htm

#33 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20bfef895e

:shifty:

#34 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

ooorrrrr -

http://www.theminifo...55#entry2310655

#35 The Otter

The Otter

The artist formally known as j322overthetop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Mmm, om nom nom nom... http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_6540wt_1396

I know it's technically not a two seater, but still... :wub:

#36 muddd001

muddd001

TMFs Calender King

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Mini Van? Thats a two seater ;D

or the 911

#37 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

BOOM

Yeah, I know it's a 10k start, but there really are 911s for that kinda price out there. I'd luuuurve one, but I guess they'd be too dear to insure.

The Boxster is a good motor, but for the budget you've got I think I'd consider getting something Jap. I don't personally like the S2000, but a lot of people seem to really rate them. Have you considered kit cars? They're a good way of getting a LOT of performance for your money. £10K would buy you a serious Lotus 7 style kit with a high spec.

#38 mini.30

mini.30

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Local Club: I Ride Solo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

I personally would not buy a 911 for £10k or less. I think for that money there will either be issues with it or it will have been around the world

My choice is the S2000, They ride really well and comfortably at low speeds on bumpy roads and over speed bumps. However when given a little bit of rhubarb they handle beautifully. It is easy to see why many of them have high mileage as they are a very useable car for all types of driving though.

Get one with a hardtop as they look much better, and still a doddle to remove (2 bolts) if its sunny and warm

Thats my 2 pence worth anyhow!

#39 R.S.P

R.S.P

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Local Club: Durham mini club

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

I have just sold a 911 after 10 years of ownership fantastic car to take out on the back roads (obviously within the speed limit) but if it was me I would buy an m3 as they are an awsome car and could be used every day , you might not have quite as much fun as a 911 but you would have it more often.

#40 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Over 4 years since I've passed my test and I'm wandering whether I can stretch to sell my 1.3 Viva for a tatty E30 325! Oh life, where have I gone wrong :(

#41 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Oli, it's 15+ years since I passed my test and I've got a Corsa Diesel as a daily drive! But I do think the M3 is a good shout too.

#42 mattdc2r

mattdc2r

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

E36 or E46?

#43 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Over 4 years since I've passed my test and I'm wandering whether I can stretch to sell my 1.3 Viva for a tatty E30 325! Oh life, where have I gone wrong :(

E30s are very cool - do it !

As for a 911 - £10k is going to get you an early 3.4 996 Carrera, which will be pretty much bottom of the market. Not cheap cars to run, especially if you are used to Mini prices where the parts are absolute peanuts (have a look and see how much a set of tyres for a 996 c2 costs). Saying that, the are not too bad on fuel, and are very reliable so long as the intemediate shaft doesn't explode and the RMS has been done.

#44 jonny95

jonny95

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

TVR

#45 carts60

carts60

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

<p>Sorry for the late reply, left work at 2 with some of the directors and spent most of the afternoon in the local boozer up town on the company. Wasn&#39;t too shoddy.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Anyways!!! Back to business...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I think all the stuff you hear about the Porkers going tits up is scare mongering mostly. You only really hear about it because the 95% odd people who&#39;ve never had a problem with their car in its lifetime don&#39;t make a song and dance about it. As soon as something does go wrong though, there is hell to pay.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>TVR Chimaera is something else I was looking into so will have to delve deeper into those possibilities.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>As much as people say TT&#39;s are hairdressers cars, a nicely modified version I think looks decidedly tasty - standard however...cut &amp; blowdry please.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Boxster is still definitely up there and will have to have a couple of test drives nearer the time the funds become free in the new year.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I&#39;m SO tempted by a 911 but as people rightly point out, they&#39;re expensive cars (and Porkers in general) and one for under £10k will have both over 100k on the clock and more than likely will need a large service somewhere in the near future which will cost an arm and a leg...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The question is, is the risk worth the reward for a 911 or do I settle for something lesser like the Boxster.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Then my mind tells me, wheres the grunt coming from - the flat 6 of Porkers is whimper in comparison to the roar of the V6 in the 350z or the V8 of the TVR.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>*Such are the troubles of a first world 22 year old</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>And I&#39;m still not thinking about a Jaaaag (clarkson-esque) - too caddish and pompous for me.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>ANON - Looks are undoubtedly key to my next car, and as much as I do agree the Jaaaag does have a nice roar and is a very good car, for a young bloke, it just doesn&#39;t cut it at the dubstep raves - more the private gentlemens clubs i&#39;ll be frequenting in a couple of decades... lol</p>
<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">&nbsp;</div>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users