1637 replies to this topic

#1636 Petrol

Petrol

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:49 PM

The main issue at the moment, is not the lack of HP, but the "kangarooing" at low revs which is pretty bad. I'm fully aware there will be little power and torque at low revs but it shouldn't kangaroo. Something is seriously wrong
I paid to have the carb fully modded which included the body modded to increase airflow and all the breathers / vac advance port were blocked off.
When I built the car, I fitted a vac gauge. It's typical for any engine to pull well over 20" of vac during overrun. This engine has never pulled anywhere near that amount of vac. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's wrong and after all this effort, it's kind of taken the wind out of my sails.
This car is on the back burner at the minute as I'm trying to find a stock hif 38 to rebuild and fit.
When I find one, I'll take it from there. That's all I can do for now.

#1637 sonscar

sonscar

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:30 PM

As I understand it overrun vacuum is created by the throttle plate being closed stopping the atmospheric pressure air entering the engine.In this state if vacuum is low I would be looking for air entering after the throttle plate.Just a thought,Steve..

#1638 samforsey12345

samforsey12345

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:09 PM

Did they replace throttle spindle, butterfly and spindle bushings? I agree with above, if its never pulling high vacuum you have a vacuum leak. are you sure the ports have been correctly blocked off.

Sam

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)
Mini Spares