M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

POPULAR

This is a thread for when you have one of those random thoughts or realisations in life. This happens a lot to me when I am bored at work.

Please add you own so we can all have a ponder as well? Maybe we can answer a few of them and take away the mystery.

A few I've had in the last couple of weeks that might make you think and to get us started.

Today at work I noticed on our milling machine that there is a picture of a Tortoise and a Hare next to the handle which sets the speed. In all the time I have worked in the workshops I've not had to use the miller. I do know how to set them up but it did make me wonder: If I turn the handle towards the tortoise, does that mean that the machine will work slower but is more likely to finish my work and if I turn it towards the Hare then it will work faster but part way through it will take a break part way through and actually be slower overall (please read Aesop's fables if you don't get this)?

One I had on the weekend. After not having anymore sucess, I realised that dating sites have exactly the same problem as meeting a girl in a pub etc. The single ones are usually either complete nut jobs or are really quiet so won't talk to you. You rarely get a reply to a message. IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO AT LEAST ATTEMPT TO TALK TO SOMEONE YOU WILL NEVER FIND SOMEONE! The only difference between a pub and a dating site is that it robs you of £25 a month. Also there are some really optimistic people on them and some people who I could best describe using a phrase that contains the words "barge" and "pole" comes to mind. One girl who did speak to me... Just... WOW! If I explain I will get kicked of TMF... I did find myself being really shallow when using a dating site. I need to meet a girl badly  :(

And one from last week when I was working in the computer suit at work. One woman made a comment that the two giant pipe clamps I had looked like some S&M gear (not sure why, couldn't see it myself). Afterwards while I was redesigning a part so it could be injection moulded it occurred to me that someone, somewhere probably has a CAD file for the "adult stuff" in an Ann Summers store. All my files are labelled things such as 'Handle mount mk3 and 'Pipe duct 11 revision 8' etc. It makes you wonder what their files are called?

While you are at it feel free to have a rant. I feel much better after writing that lot.

Stay tuned. More to come from the strange mind of MJWJ...

#2 100ev8

100ev8

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

have you posted this on right forum ?

#3 'Chop'

'Chop'

They don't call me chopper for nothing!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: 3 Custardeers Mini Club

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

;D

Edited by 'Chop', 19 August 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#4 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Me too. I resent paying for the privilege of (possibly) meeting someone on these sites (I tried it once) O_O

Also as I'm one of the very quiet ones (as you put it) I'm never going to engage in a opening conversation. Even when a woman suggests meeting, I 'bottle it' because that involves obviously meeting. The dating site idea is a really alien concept to me, not how I think it should be done (although one of my mates found herself a nice fella on one)

I guess forums like this are good for the 'loners' like me as they allow a bit on interaction with my fellow humans :proud:

So...... it's back up the workshop to finish another project that will might ultimately get me out of the house/ garage.

Who knows, the mini mght be that opening conversation starter when I'm filling up/ pushing it/ showing it????

In the meantime, I'm NOT holding my breath ;D

Should get a sticker for the back window of chop....chop ;) that say's "Single and ready to mingle" although that might mean something else to young women O_O  :shy:

#5 'Chop'

'Chop'

They don't call me chopper for nothing!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: 3 Custardeers Mini Club

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Mine says 'Chopped, dropped, varnished & tarnished'

That'll get 'em worried ;D

#6 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

The dating site one is just an example of the random thoughts that go through my head. It was one of my friends that signed me up as a joke. The joke ended up being on them in the end as I managed to get access to the account they set up for me, reset the password and correct all the details (mainly from man seeking man to now man seeking woman). They ended up paying for two months of it. They should know better than to try a trick like this with me. I have retaliated. Its only a matter of time before they realise what I have done to them. MWHAHAHA! :shifty:

I filled in a questionnaire for a friend  a few days ago. One question asked if there was one thing I could change about myself what would it be? They were confused by my answer of 'pancreas'. I thought for me it was a good answer.

#7 thespikeyone

thespikeyone

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Local Club: none yet

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

One thats been troubling me:

how does wolverine sharpen his claws??? does he have an angry adamantium scratching post????

#8 thespikeyone

thespikeyone

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Local Club: none yet

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

another is:

why is a "near miss" called a near miss??? surely if you nearly miss something you hit it???

#9 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Just walked through the dining hall and had one of these thoughts, well...

What would happen if no-one had invented curtain rails? There would just be curtains all over the floor. It would be mad. Or would then then just be rugs? And would we need rugs if there was no curtain poles?

This stuff is greater than us all -_-

#10 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

What would happen if no-one had invented curtain rails? There would just be curtains all over the floor. It would be mad. Or would then then just be rugs? And would we need rugs if there was no curtain poles?

No need for curtain rails, god gave us nails to sort all these little problems. And gaffer taper and WD40, most things in life sorted ;-)

#11 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

No need for curtain rails, god gave us nails to sort all these little problems. And gaffer taper and WD40, most things in life sorted ;-)

And a hammer. 

And yup, gaffer tape... to fix what you've just broke when fixing it with the hammer.

#12 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

And a hammer. 
And yup, gaffer tape... to fix what you've just broke when fixing it with the hammer.
Round here its known as a Birmingham, screwdriver

#13 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

And a hammer. 
I am enlightened

#14 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

And a hammer. 
I am enlightened

I often like to call it the persuasion stick.

Jmmini - Your sig, I knew I've seen it somewhere before..  I've also become part of the "Mini Punch" game ..  :shades:

#15 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Can't beat a good mini punch haha :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users