Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Just walked through the dining hall and had one of these thoughts, well...
What would happen if no-one had invented curtain rails? There would just be curtains all over the floor. It would be mad. Or would then then just be rugs? And would we need rugs if there was no curtain poles?
This stuff is greater than us all -_-

No need for curtain rails, god gave us nails to sort all these little problems. And gaffer taper and WD40, most things in life sorted ;-)
And a hammer. 
And yup, gaffer tape... to fix what you've just broke when fixing it with the hammer.
Round here its known as a Birmingham, screwdriver
I am enlightened

I often like to call it the persuasion stick.
Jmmini - Your sig, I knew I've seen it somewhere before..  I've also become part of the "Mini Punch" game ..  :shades:
Also known as a scouse socket set. I call it percussive maintenance and is 100% effective. Think of it this way, if its broke and you hit it there are two outcomes. It stays broke in which case you have lost nothing or by some miracle it is fixed then you are a winner. Either way you can't lose ;-)

#17 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

"I thought about having a pair of balls....."

IMG_0908_zpsf4dd4636.jpg

#18 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

"I thought about having a pair of balls....."
IMG_0908_zpsf4dd4636.jpg

I bet if you ask nicely he will let you play with them

#19 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Just walked through the dining hall and had one of these thoughts, well...
What would happen if no-one had invented curtain rails? There would just be curtains all over the floor. It would be mad. Or would then then just be rugs? And would we need rugs if there was no curtain poles?
This stuff is greater than us all -_-

No need for curtain rails, god gave us nails to sort all these little problems. And gaffer taper and WD40, most things in life sorted ;-)
And a hammer. 
And yup, gaffer tape... to fix what you've just broke when fixing it with the hammer.
Round here its known as a Birmingham, screwdriver
I am enlightened

I often like to call it the persuasion stick.
Jmmini - Your sig, I knew I've seen it somewhere before..  I've also become part of the "Mini Punch" game ..  :shades:
Also known as a scouse socket set. I call it percussive maintenance and is 100% effective. Think of it this way, if its broke and you hit it there are two outcomes. It stays broke in which case you have lost nothing or by some miracle it is fixed then you are a winner. Either way you can't lose ;-)

Yes, perfect logic.  

However, i'm going to have to steal the phrase "Percussive Maintenance"..  :P

#20 RawlinsGTR

RawlinsGTR

Formally known as Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

What's the time?

#21 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

What's the time?

Time for beer... as always...

One that my friend Whit and I came up with a while ago.

There was that baby that was attacked by a fox after it got into their house through an open window and then there was loads of uproar and people saying this is what happens when we stop fox hunting blah blah blah...To be honest the cause was bad parenting, but none the less, if fox hunting has to return we felt it should be updated and be possible for the working man.

The changes we want to make are:

We bring fox hunting into the cities. It seams that there are more of them in the cities these days than out in the country side.

Instead of shotguns we use baseball bats.

Instead of beagles we use bull terriers.

We replace the horses with BMX's and mini motos.

The attire should be a pair of camouflage trousers and a black hoody, toped off with Nike trainers.

There is also the added challenge for some of a time limit as you have to be back in doors before curfew and your tag starts bleeping alerting the police.

Finally we could televise it on pay per view and send the profits to the RSPCA or something.

#22 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Why do wasps have nests? And bees have hives?

#23 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Why do wasps have nests? And bees have hives?

wasps don't make a honey, and I'm pretty sure the only reason they exist is to screw us over!

#24 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

Two people where I work have both at some point had to replace the panel bellow the grill on their Peugeot 206s. One is dark blue, the other is light blue. The dark blue one has a light blue panel and the light blue one has a dark blue panel fitted.

Why don't they swap them? I suppose maybe they did?

#25 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

How in a small town with two petrol stations can one charge 136.9 and the other 140.9 for a litre of unleaded? 4p a litre difference!!! Are people really that stupid to pay that and keep them in business?

#26 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

How in a small town with two petrol stations can one charge 136.9 and the other 140.9 for a litre of unleaded? 4p a litre difference!!! Are people really that stupid to pay that and keep them in business?

Depends on what octane it is. Shell charge slightly more but their fuel is usually slightly better. Not enough to make me pay the extra though.

Also some people have fuel cards so can only fill up at certain petrol stations. My friend tom has one and can only use it at Murco and Texaco petrol stations. That means if They are the dearest in the town he is in he still has to use them or pay for the fuel himself which I'm guessing he isn't going to do.

#27 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

4p isn't really a difference :L 40p and I'm sold!

#28 JustSteve

JustSteve

Puke-Boy!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

What if the moon really was made out of cheese? 

What if if there are little green aliens up there that eat ''earth-on-toast'' and ''earthcake'', or even ''earth on crackers''?!  O_O

...How do we know aliens are even green? Atleast if they are then racism probably isn't an issue  :proud:

#29 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

On a 60 litre tank = £2.40, one fill up per week = over £100 a year, or 6 months tax on the mini and a couple of pints. I fill up every two weeks = MOT and a couple of pints.

It all adds up.

#30 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

On a 60 litre tank = £2.40, one fill up per week = over £100 a year, or 6 months tax on the mini and a couple of pints. I fill up every two weeks = MOT and a couple of pints.

It all adds up.
Same with many things, but I think that with petrol, especially in the uk, that you get what you pay for. It's kind of like cheap bread, if that makes sense?

Edit: I fill up twice a week... I don't want to add stuff up or I will probably cry :'|

Edited by jmmini, 21 August 2013 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users