2212 replies to this topic

#31 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Ok yes it was a Morrisons and a Shell so I agree the Shell will be better but in todays economic climate how many people can justify the extra. My daily is a mk5 golf gti which is supposed to run on the 99 stuff, it only gets a tank of that with a 5p off tesco voucher or if I'm feeling kind to it. 

#32 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

How in a small town with two petrol stations can one charge 136.9 and the other 140.9 for a litre of unleaded? 4p a litre difference!!! Are people really that stupid to pay that and keep them in business?

4p isn't really a difference :L 40p and I'm sold!
On a 60 litre tank = £2.40, one fill up per week = over £100 a year, or 6 months tax on the mini and a couple of pints. I fill up every two weeks = MOT and a couple of pints.
It all adds up.
Same with many things, but I think that with petrol, especially in the uk, that you get what you pay for. It's kind of like cheap bread, if that makes sense?
Edit: I fill up twice a week... I don't want to add stuff up or I will probably cry :'|

I am a cheapskate, I only use morrisons finest. I worked at a shell garage when I was student, back in the days of shell advance. There were only two tanks that were filled up by the tankers that I ever saw. One petrol one diesel, perhaps there was some sort of additive added after? Or perhaps not. I know what I think.

#33 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Why do women's bikes not have the cross bar bit between the saddle and the handle bar post yet men's do? Men are going to get worse injuries from that bar if they come of their bike. You'd think it would be the other way round.

Edited by M J W J, 23 August 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#34 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Why do women's bikes not have the cross bar bit between the saddle and the handle bar post yet men's do? Men are going to get worse injuries from that bar if they come of their bike. You'd think it would be the other way round.

I believe that was originally so they don't have to lift a leg high as it goes over when they get on, that way less chance of flashing your pants at the local vicar. Seems stranage to be as I always swing my leg over from round the back (so to speak ;-) )

#35 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

I believe that was originally so they don't have to lift a leg high as it goes over when they get on, that way less chance of flashing your pants at the local vicar. Seems stranage to be as I always swing my leg over from round the back (so to speak ;-) )

I can understand that but if you can build a bike without that bar surely you wouldn't have it on either men or women's. Women so they don't embarrass themselves and for men so it reduces the chance of injury. Also one less part so production would be cheaper.

Also who rides a bike in a skirt these days yet they still make women's bikes without that bar or so that it is mounted lower down.

If that is the case it would also suggest that a woman designed the bike and not a man.

#36 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

In 35+ years of riding bikes I don't think I have whacked my nads more than once, if ever. What are you doing wrong?

#37 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Why do fire stations have firemans poles? Why not build the place on one level?

#38 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

In 35+ years of riding bikes I don't think I have whacked my nads more than once, if ever. What are you doing wrong?

Jumps and mountain biking courses tend to knock you around a bit. I think I've only ever done it once though.

As for the fire station thing, I think more the question is how come North Berwick fire station burnt down?

#39 jmmini

jmmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

In less that 3 year's I've hit mine AT LEAST 15 times, at one point I used to wear my cricket box to bmx!

#40 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

If you drink some water, and then some milk, will it really curdle in your stomach? If so, why do we put milk in tea/coffee?

Ive always tried to avoid drinking a water based drink, then a milk based drink for this reason (like in summer when you have a milk shake, and when that fails to quench your thirst, you go for a glass of squash but then stop and think.... Nah i cant, it'll curdle.....)

#41 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Nah that's rubbish, try drinking vinegar then eating baking soda if you want a reaction!

#42 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lol ill pass on that 1!

I was always told it as a kid, so never drank 1 after the other, and have avoided it ever since, if i ever wanted another drink, i always drink the same as before, milk after milk, or pop after pop, mixing the 2 would be like summoning the devil himself! (In my head anyways lol)

#43 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Has anyone on here tried the cinnamon challenge? (Look on youtube if you don't know what I am on about)

#44 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Because transit via gravity from upstairs to downstairs is far quicker than legging it from one part of the building to another?

Has anyone on here tried the cinnamon challenge? (Look on youtube if you don't know what I am on about)

I ain't, but I have snorted a line of white pepper thanks to my babysitter when I was about 8. I learnt my lesson.

#45 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

Because transit via gravity from upstairs to downstairs is far quicker than legging it from one part of the building to another?

I ain't, but I have snorted a line of white pepper thanks to my babysitter when I was about 8. I learnt my lesson.

But they still have to run to the Pole! No quicker than through an open door, in fact it has to be slower. If the pole went to a sunroof arrangement that would be a different matter, perhaps I should call in to my local station and suggest I adapt their appliance with my angle grinder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users