130 replies to this topic

#76 Brummie1982

Brummie1982

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

Finally Picked up my First mini today and with 2 hours had a chap chatting away about his first mini and how much he paid for it etc etc. he would have been even nicer if he had offered to help me put my bit of food shopping in the boot.

#77 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Standing nearby my car with mates whilst an old couple were peering into the car when she whispers to her husband 'remember that time we managed to get a bit frisky in the back seat of our one?'  :X

#78 IainStallard

IainStallard

I am the first status holder 2014.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club, CCMOC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

I've had children shouting out "look it's Mr Beans car, it's Mr Beans Car" at mine before! Also had a rather pretty attendant ask what colour mine was and that she really liked it  ;D

#79 Mini Cheddars

Mini Cheddars

I AM A SPOTTER (TMF LOGO SPOTTER)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

That was nice of him. ;)

#80 Tubby1987

Tubby1987

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Just had a young lad about 8 yrs old come over while I was on the drive, he was like "nice car! You don't see many of them on the road so it must be worth a lot!" I then asked him how old he thought it was, after a good few seconds of him thinking he said "probably about 90 yrs old"... :/
I told him I'm going to paint it like Mr. Beans car, to which he replied "you'd look like an even more crazy man" Hahaha!

#81 Stuart_BRG

Stuart_BRG

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

I had a Mr Bean remark from a child over Easter. Nice sunny day, window down and I hear one child on the pavement say to another as I pootle past: 'Wow! Mr Bean's car is sick!'

Thought my car was running rather well at the moment actually. ;)

#82 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

Came out of ASDA last week on my lunch break (fine day so mini got out to play)

Stood and chatted to a guy in his mid to late 70s about the Mini and how much he enjoyed driving his girlfriend (now wife of 51 yrs) around in it when they were 'courting'. 

He was such good banter I offered to take him out for a blast in it but he said it would be best to decline as his 'hip consultant wouldn't like him doing that sort of thing these days'. Old people rock!

#83 Stuart_BRG

Stuart_BRG

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Stopped off during my drive today in a random road to answer a phone call. Chap appears from around the corner and starts taking pictures of my Mini and showing his young grandchildren (I assume), all with me sat inside on the phone. :) I tried my best to be friendly to the guy whilst conducting a phone call - wasn't that easy juggling two conversations though. :) Had the guy trying to engage me in conversation saying 'Is it for sale?' etc etc and I just had to nod and smile and give him a few one word answers. I did briefly interrupt my call to confirm it wasn't for sale though. :)

#84 AFMike85

AFMike85

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

Usually get " How much do you think you'll get for it when you sell it in the States?" My answer "Not a damn thing! I'm not like most of the people stationed here buying minis to take them back home and sell them for $10,000. Mini's are a lifestyle not a cash cow"

#85 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

Slightly off topic I know but a few years back i bought a 1963 Reliant Regal van for a bit of a laugh. I got it home in the back of a Transit.

With the hope of getting it running when i got back, i called into the petrol station on the way.

I opened the sliding door of the Transit to get the petrol can out and heard this Kid's voice say 'look at that!'

By the time i filled the petrol can up and went to put it back in the van, there was a massive crowd of people hoarding round the Transit talking about it's contents and asking loads of daft questions like 'how did you get that in there' and why have you got that in there' One person even asked if i was Del boy. What a nob!

I did have a very clean City E a few years back that i paid £200 for and an old boy asked if i would sell it. I said depends on what he is offering to which he replied £900?

SOLD!!

#86 richw911

richw911

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Just got out of the mini and this chap walked over and said "excuse me mate i dont suppose your mini is for sale? Ive seen it about and love it"

Unfortunately not i said then he said do you know of any others for sale as i really want one!

Everyone feels the mini love :D

#87 Stiggytoo

Stiggytoo

Best Plucker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Local Club: CCMOC

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

I heard 'Err, Sir could you press the button,' over the tanoid speakers.
It was a self service petrol pump. Do you actually need to select, 'no receipt' or can you just drive off?

Edited by Stiggytoo, 28 August 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#88 Richey

Richey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

I've just remembered a good quote from my recent road trip. Stopped off at services somewhere in France. Was having a smoke stood next to the Mini with this huge guy sat in his Merc next to me. He got out, and slowly walked towards me.

In a thick Russian accent he said "This… It is your car?" I replied yes, to which he replied - "Is nice" and walked off.

#89 lordyoung1980

lordyoung1980

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

When I had mine on the road quite a few years ago I used to get nice comments and offers to buy. One bad incident was when I parked up in Peterborough City centre, a bloke walks up to me and the car and starts to look around it and smiles. "Nice car,you car" I thanked him but he opens the door and hops in. I get a bit anxious so get right up close to the door,he smiles again and says " can I see the keys?" At which point I told him to get out or I would call the police.

Where I worked about 15 years ago we had a lot of Serbian and Croatian people there, they loved my java green mini 1000. They always called it a mini Morris. Or MR beans mini,even though it was the wrong green. It transpires that during the war there the british soldiers on peace keeping missions would show the kids MR bean on VHS to keep them entertained. Also a few of them said they knew people who had minis too a long time ago. Randomly they also called me "ziggan" (spelling?) which is supposed to mean gipsy....I don't know why.

#90 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

I've just remembered a good quote from my recent road trip. Stopped off at services somewhere in France. Was having a smoke stood next to the Mini with this huge guy sat in his Merc next to me. He got out, and slowly walked towards me.
In a thick Russian accent he said "This… It is your car?" I replied yes, to which he replied - "Is nice" and walked off.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users