AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

In the case in question a number of us did state that we did not believe the car in question to be worth the amount suggested. As I wasn't aware that the car in question had struggled to sell and had been broken for parts, I was therefore merely confirming wether we were talking about the same case here or not. It certainly was not intended as an inflammatory, or offensive remark against the member in question or his car and to be honest I really do struggle to see how anybody would reasonably deem it to be such, but I can only apologise if anyone does perceive it to be one.

#17 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

As this is a valuations section, and the previous ex RedBull mini was also in the valuations section then I see no reason to 'bash' anyones opinion on value... You asked, you get what you asked for...

As it has previously been discovered that these vehicles can no longer be displayed in RedBull livery then the only thing which is there to tie to the advertisement campaign is the shape and the number plate ( what are not distinctive so you need some literature to back up the provenance )

IMO this means they are not worth as much as if they could still retain the livery and can.

I'm surprised they did not just scrap them when the campaign was finished.... would have saved a lot of hassle.

#18 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

As said above, the guys are entitled to their opinion. Everyone needs to remember that we're members first, volunteers to help run the forum second.

They were merely pointing out the situation with the other one that got 'valued' on here.

I will add, they're a veey difficult vehicle to value as they're rare and really don't come up for sale often. This will result in wildly varied opinions, especially as they aren't to everyone's taste.

#19 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hard to value without pics?!

#20 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hard to value without pics?!

Seems the op isn't on here much.

#21 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Errrmmmmm...I was on about another thread not giving my own opinion on worth 

http://www.theminifo...-mini-breaking/

We chewed our fingers off over this car, because we wanted it saving and not breaking, lack of room in the garage stopped me riding in with my rusty suit of Armour astride a Donkey

#22 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Has anyone actually heard from the OP?

Seems he posted this and didn't bother coming back on. Does this car actually exist?

#23 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Has anyone actually heard from the OP?

Seems he posted this and didn't bother coming back on. Does this car actually exist?

He hasn't been online since the 5th March!

#24 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Just seemed off to me to ask for help/valuation and then vanish. He read a pm from me where I offered to help him (I can) but he didn't reply.

Well the help is here if he wants it.

#25 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Please see pinned not at the top of the valuations area.

Quite simple really, you can't value anything without being able to see it....

Pictures....

For vehicles, current photo's of the body work from all angles, minis please take close up shots of scuttle ( both ends ), inner sills, footwells and boot floor.

For parts, again current photos, please show any part numbers and identifying features

In both cases take photo's of damage.

#26 Archived1

Archived1

Super Mini Mad

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Well I have had contact from OP asking me for pictures?

#27 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'm confused! Have posts been deleted from this thread or something? If not it seems people are getting all tizzy over absolutely nothing.

It doesn't look to me like anyone said this car was not worth much, simply that a previous one needing work, without the papers and the can was not worth a great deal. Which is fair.

#28 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Interesting, there was someone on here last year with a red bull (minus can) and you couldn't give it away, I think it went for breaking.

I remember that nearly had it

a few years back now i think

#29 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

I'm confused! Have posts been deleted from this thread or something?

Yep, at least two of mine.

#30 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Wasn't a case of couldn't give it away. He thought is was just worth more in parts so it was put up for breaking and then people said he should try and sell it first etc etc as it should be saved. The usual kind of thing that happens with rare cars.

Sold in the end above what the breaking figure worked out at.

I know the car.

Anyway.... I don't think the guy is coming back any time soon and don't actually thing he has one. Maybe seen one he is trying to get but from what I know about Redbull this just wont happen legally.

The few that ended up in private hands over here was down to a mistake. The cars were meant to be scrapped but ended up in auction instead.

Got this info first hand from the then person responsible for the cars 'Dan Wilson' at Redbull.

I agree with most people though that without and engine or paperwork its pretty useless/valueless.

Parts value only.

No paperwork means that it shouldn't be in circulation and is registered as scrapped.

The ones that had the interior and engine removed etc sat in supermarkets full of cans.

Marmite car with strong feeling either way. Love em or hate em. Good history to them and a fun car to own.

Some people wont pay much for one just like I wouldn't for a cooper s etc as I just don't feel they are worth it but others will pay £10k+ and even up toi £30k for something special, All down to what you like.

Live and let live that they have good value to people that rate them as an important part of the minis history.

Edited by minihobbymini, 10 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users