#16 timmy850

timmy850

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

what's your plans? quick fix and use, or more of a restoration?.

I was hoping for a relatively quick fix, I didn't want a restoration project.

I'm trying to write the story and include photos, but am struggling with the pics, they are all from my iphone, some go in OK others I get the message file too big!

I'm getting annoyed!!

If you're using the iphone the easiest way to reduce the image size is to email them to yourself. It will ask you to scale the images to a smaller size, try "Medium". Then save the reply to your photos and upload the smaller ones to the forum.

#17 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

Timmy850 thanks for that. I did struggle to get the pics from my phone to the PC but eventually managed that yesterday. Currently the only pics I have posted is those less than 2mb. I will have a try later to post them from a hosting site.
I find different forums have differing ways of posting pics. I have managed with single pics on here, but have failed at attempts of multiple pics.
I'm probably getting too old for the technology and with being retired now not keeping up to date with things!

#18 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

I'm now able to post photos!

I mentioned earlier about changing the wheel cylinders, I found them very difficult to re fit the securing circlip. I searched on the 'net and found this tool, which makes life much easier.

IMG_0261_zpsej6x3j5i.jpg

this is what you get.

IMG_0263_zpscnp2r1qx.jpg

the kit assembled onto the cylinder, with the bolt screwing into the wheel cylinder.

IMG_0264_zpsi2nf9c6i.jpg

When the nut is screwed down the bolt, it pushes the circlip up the taper, opening the circlip as it goes.

IMG_0266_zpsqf3nxsa7.jpg

this final pc shows the circlip just about to drop into it's groove.

This definitely makes the fitting of a wheel cylinder much easier, well recommended for a tenner

Edited by DUF2, 03 January 2018 - 05:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares