571 replies to this topic

#166 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

Just need to decide on a colour now...????..Smoke Grey..Farina Grey..El Paso Beige ???..Any thoughts.....

El Paso is lovely and unusual but i think farina would suit the slightly mod’d van. If it was pure standard I’d go beige

#167 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:51 PM

+1 for the farina grey, or maybe canyon grey (..slightly lighter, but less blue/more green to my eyes)

..are you still planning on the snowberry white roof ?

#168 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:11 PM

Thanks mate. I need to pint strip/prime and seam seal under side of mine so thinking of best way for such a small job.
Glad it’s now at the painters, if you ever need a hand lumping it about give me a shout

If i thought the van would be done quickish you could use the spit but i don't see it being free for at least 3 months but if its free sooner ill let you know..

#169 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:19 PM

+1 for the farina grey, or maybe canyon grey (..slightly lighter, but less blue/more green to my eyes)

Not heard of canyon i will have a look..roof wise yes I'm going with another shade... white or maybe a darker grey all depends on body colour ..normally the colour is already decided this time I'm struggling as its a van and i think only a few shades suit them so i need to get it right..

#170 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

Not heard of canyon i will have a look..roof wise yes I'm going with another shade... white or maybe a darker grey all depends on body colour ..normally the colour is already decided this time I'm struggling as its a van and i think only a few shades suit them so i need to get it right..

..this is what i was referencing for the colours if it helps

https://www.minishri.../bmc-paint.html

#171 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

Thanks mate. I need to pint strip/prime and seam seal under side of mine so thinking of best way for such a small job.
Glad it’s now at the painters, if you ever need a hand lumping it about give me a shout

If i thought the van would be done quickish you could use the spit but i don't see it being free for at least 3 months but if its free sooner ill let you know..

Wow thanks mate. I can wait, can’t see any other way of doing it without one and have been meaning to do it for about a year so no problem at all waiting

#172 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

Best start making this look pretty then..

44976533254_3753ae1687_b.jpgUntitled by

#173 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Seems ages since i last posted but still pushing on..mostly with all the ancillaries the main one being the engine ..its more or less complete again just needed a good clean and paint..had the head off for a clean and valve check etc..new gaskets throughout and replaced all studs on the head assembly..changed the alternator to a much smaller neater looking unit..The rocker cover won't be staying its only on to keep things clean...

45408081334_33749c3f55_b.jpgUntitled by

#174 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Alternator looks great - where’s it from?

#175 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

Alternator looks great - where’s it from?

I got it off fleabay ...A guy i Work with has one on his dolomite sprint..really neat and is perfect for a mini..just had to shave one of the lugs lightly to correct alignment and make a steady/adjuster bar...

#176 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

And with the steady bar fitted..

46097505022_c5361c14e3_k.jpgUntitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/154602080@N05/[/url]

Edited by REVVIT, 02 December 2018 - 05:56 PM.

#177 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:46 PM

Looking good mate. Glad the rocker cover isn’t permanent, I was a bit surprised when I looked closely at it :) alternator looks really smart too

#178 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:47 PM

Looking good mate. Glad the rocker cover isn’t permanent, I was a bit surprised when I looked closely at it :) alternator looks really smart too

Thanks Matt...i don't dislike the MG Rocker covers but not for me on this project ..I after something different and i think I've found it..should arrive tomorrow will see when the post man arrives..!

#179 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Matt...i don't dislike the MG Rocker covers but not for me on this project ..I after something different and i think I've found it..should arrive tomorrow will see when the post man arrives..!

Yes exactly mate, just not the right look for yours in my opinion
When’s it due back from the painters?

#180 REVVIT

REVVIT

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:15 PM

Yes exactly mate, just not the right look for yours in my opinion
When’s it due back from the painters?

Well the postman came with the rocker cover..its got potential but I've just spent the last 5 hrs filing it flat as it was like the surface of the moon..should come good after its had a good polish..only then will i see if it will do...As for the body its being worked on and i will get some pics sorted but as to when it will return i'd be surprised if i see it mid to end of January/feb ?..busy behind the scenes refurbing anything thats not bolted down..

46171591732_237bcc199c_k.jpgUntitled by

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users