#31 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:03 PM

Happy New Year everyone,

The Mini's been home for just over a month now so it's been good getting stuck into it. Before parking it in the garage I managed a quick hurl (on a private road etc). I'm sure most will agree with me when I say you'll never forget the first time you drove one. So different to anything else and I couldn't stop grinning!

Delighted with the quality of the loom build from Racing Circuits. Can't recommend them enough and now they've built one loom for a ZCar mini I'm sure it will be a doddle for another. PerformanceTek have done a cracking job of the tuning and thankfully (considering how little we knew about the engines history) she sings as she should, sits happily on idle and can all be monitored by bluetooth until I sort a more permanent dash.

49332861173_565abff3e0_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

49332861143_3d9d942b30_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

Off with the wheels mainly to sort a wee leak from the rear callipers (and so it sits at a workable height!)

49333325286_0cf9a46d7e_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

So far the front section of the bulkhead is built with grommeted holes for the important stuff to get through. It's nutserted to the cage:

49395376292_8c5067e113_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

Still undecided how the aluminium will be finished. I like the thought of powder coating it once we've finished drilling holes in it. ECU will be mounted on bobbins near the battery and that's about all to finish that off.

The top section of the bulkhead will be sorted at a later date but that will be aluminium round the edge and possibly a clear perspex over the centre. Be a shame not to show off that rocker cover....

49395172441_0ee8a14ce4_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

The Arc Angels carbon front is just about ready to be hinged on. It's a painstaking job cutting and then sanding where it meets the scuttle but its getting there. The A-panels will be welded on when the whole front is getting painted. This wasn't done before mainly because we were going to use a one piece front with A panels. Carbon Weezel arches are ready too and should be here any day. 

49395376307_196dc42db6_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

49394696488_32f591ca78_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

Slowly but surely jobs are getting ticked off, with any luck she'll see a dry road this spring/summer!

Cheers, 

Mark

#32 KTS

KTS

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

that must have been an interesting driving experience;  a bit breezy i'd imagine with no doors or glass...

Great work on the build - looks superb !

#33 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

that must have been an interesting driving experience;  a bit breezy i'd imagine with no doors or glass...

Great work on the build - looks superb !

Certainly was, eye were watering!  :lol: Arches came today too, very pleased with Carbon Weezel's work and they were ready much sooner than anticipated. (Still not looking forward to fitting them!)

49399076998_8e370c37dc_z.jpgUntitled by Mark Maciver, on Flickr

#34 KTS

KTS

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:44 PM

i know what you mean - a bit daunting taking a drill to a nicely painted panel

you know what they say; measure twice, and then twice again, and once more to make sure, and then again just to make really, really sure, and then cut.  or have a cup of tea first, just to calm your nerves, and then do it all again 

#35 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:42 PM

Measure once cut twice you mean!

#36 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:13 PM

How wide are your arches as I need a set for my zcar but I need 6”wide for the rear do you have a photo of your fronts thanks craig

#37 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

How wide are your arches as I need a set for my zcar but I need 6”wide for the rear do you have a photo of your fronts thanks craig

Hi Painterman, they are Carbon Weezel Miglia arches but I’ll give them a measure tonight and let you know. Front ones are identical.

#38 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

Hi Painterman, they are Carbon Weezel Miglia arches but I’ll give them a measure tonight and let you know. Front ones are identical.

Arches give 4 inches per side

#39 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the info but as i am using 235-45-13 on the rear I need 6” to cover the rears but they will work on the front

#40 drmandy

drmandy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:26 AM

Looks really clean. Great job. I have ordered some arches from Rogue se7ens and can't wait to see how they turned out. 

#41 mmaci

mmaci

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

Thanks drmandy!

Got the doors on last night and Silent Coat onto the roof and inside of doors. Will do the driver side of the floor tonight hopefully. Already very impressed with the difference it’s made just by knocking on the panels.

Anyone have a general guide to how much to trim out of the front wings for wheel clearance?

Edited by mmaci, 22 January 2020 - 04:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares