First time on the site and hoping someone can help me. I have a 1999 mini cooper MPI and I recently had the engine out to replace the baulk rings. Everything is back in now and i have triple checked the wiring however she refuses to start. I have cranked for a long time but still nothing. It did sound like it was trying to start with the odd fire here and there but now i get nothing. Here is what i have looked at so far:
1. Checked that i'm getting a spark - i do and a very bright one
2. Checked the plugs are wet - they seem to be
3. Checked the HT leads are in correct order - referred to a picture i have of the car, all OK
4. Charged battery full
5. Checked inertia switch - seems to be clicked down
6. Checked all connectors are push in tight - all OK
I also noticed 3 things:
1. have a connector that i cant work out for the life of me what its for, see picture. Its located next to the horn but there is nothing i can see for it to plug in to. Does anyone know what its for?
2. There is a spade with nothing connected to it on the solenoid, does anyone know what its for?
3. The alternator only has 3 wires connected to it, the "W" terminal has nothing, is this normal?
Any other advice on what to try would be great! Im assuming at this stage it must be a fuel delivery problem since its sparking OK.
Edited by cant_sit_still, 11 March 2019 - 01:13 PM.