minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

how much would it cost?

i think its one of those 'if you need to ask , you can't afford it' things :shifty:

#17 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

I think the price depends on the extras you want with it. I don't know how much it is but I've just looked on the Radical website (Clicky) and am pretty sure that you can specify a top notch car and still have change from the price of their SR8 ex works racers (£55,000 +vat).

#18 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

This is a graph of acceleration from a standing start. If you look carefully you can see the gearchanges at 50, 74 and 94.
Posted Image
When you watch the video remember 100mph comes just after the third gearchange!
View Video

#19 ChipsezMini!

ChipsezMini!

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

Hi Chris T.

Chris A is training you well.... You are increasing our lust for Zcars performance!

Thanks for the race reports and info.

#20 SAILINON

SAILINON

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

Hi Chris A. I looked through the pictures, and believe me, I won't ask cost, because...well I know I can't afford it.

My question though: The shot of the interior, is that the air filter for the engine that's been plumbed into where the passenger seat would be?

Thanks,
Chris

#21 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:31 AM

Not bad, 0-100 in 6.3 seconds and 0-120 in 9.5 seconds!

#22 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hi Chris A. I looked through the pictures, and believe me, I won't ask cost, because...well I know I can't afford it.

My question though: The shot of the interior, is that the air filter for the engine that's been plumbed into where the passenger seat would be?

Thanks,
Chris

the big pipe is drawing air via a fan from underneath the car where its cool and blowing it directly onto the turbo, this gets rid of the very hot air around the turbo area and keeps the bulkhead real cool
im pleased with this mod as its bloody hot just there normally and this has completly cured the problem
chris

#23 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:41 PM

have you had any news from Top gear yet? be interesting to see Stig put it round the track!!

#24 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:49 PM

i was just thinking the same thing it'd be great to see it on top gear!!!

#25 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:23 PM

im just finishing the final specs of the cars for production so we can turn them out to the quality i want and in numbers if we get good response
i dont want to give them any chance of slagging the cars off im not bothered about how they go as im sure they will be impressed but its little details like how all the panals fit switch gear position etc etc
when they tested the ariel atom it was an instant success and they sold 30 cars the next day if that happened to us we couldnt respond immediatly but what ive been doing is building up supplies and stocks of major parts over the last few months in an effort to have a major push on the project
if i had a capital injection i would already be there but ive funded it all myself and had to go along at a pace i can afford
we recently took the original moulds and re designed them so they split into two halves this cost £10000 its a lot of money but the product is now correct
when i think we are ready i will get the top gear people to look at a feature
chris

#26 danwebster

danwebster

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

That 0 - 100 - 0 record should surely give you some good publicity too, good luck with it!

#27 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

Get the Hamster to drive it :D

#28 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

i would rather the hampster drove it than the other two plus the stig we will be doing a bit at bruntingthorpe when i get the engine re dynoed so i should get some comparable times from the track and race car guys to ther atom etc that should be a good indicator for how it will fare around the top gear bit
chris

#29 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

Chris, Your absolutely right, make sure the car is in tip-top condition in every way. A program like top gear could make or brake the concept of Zcars..... Everybody knows how good they are in bringing a car down.

Don't think they can by the way.... :w00t:

Wish I would win the lotery..... I would help you for sure!

René

#30 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

if i won the lottery i could give our company an instant kick into the big league its very frustrating having seen the progress we have made in the past few years everything takes longer than i would want to acheive as you are always watching the cash flow to pay for the next bit of development
the good news is that the monte carlos are starting to attract serious interest world wide and hopefully will pay back the investment made over the last three years
how is your car coming along by the way
chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users