543 replies to this topic

#31 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

good stuff be patient he will get back to you and i'm not sure what he keeps in stock as such so you may have to wait until stuff is made powder coated or plated but its definately worth it for the final product...

lee

#32 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

Update - been to see the boys today - wow! fantastic kit and enthusiasm by the barrel load - paid deposit and now counting down to 12 weeks time........11 weeks 6 days 23 hours and 59 1/2 minutes............................11 weeks 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes......................

I get a semi just thinking about it !!!! :thumbsup:

#33 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

did you see darrens cars? i was hoping to try and blag a ride in the yellow one but it was having a few modifications when i went to pick my kit up...

#34 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

did you see darrens cars? i was hoping to try and blag a ride in the yellow one but it was having a few modifications when i went to pick my kit up...

Both were there - the yellow one and the new florescent demonstrator - they were both very cool, and I'm desperate to get a ride in one of them just as soon as I can persuade the guys to let me have a go. And loose about 4 stone !!

The roll cage in the demonstrator is a work of art, and if theyve got time I'm very tempted to get one of them also. :-

#35 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

update:

subframe ordered and long time to wait
engine, ecu and loom sorted
diff sorted

next - paint.

Talked to a good buddy who's got a week free at the end of august so I'm now playing with colour schemes - any suggestions??

I've played with a metallic black here, with a union jack roof in shades of dark grey, and the logo on the side in a slightly darker shade of black / grey or even in the laquer so it only shows up in direct light.

Gonna try a blue version next based on Ford RS blue.

Edited by roofless, 30 July 2007 - 11:03 PM.

#36 Mephiston

Mephiston

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Local Club: London and Surrey

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:57 AM

looks like a good project, thats a nice lil plan you've got there, i'd put black wheels on it- maybe matte black and red calipers to show them up a bit -- either way its looking good

#37 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

Looks good Martin - how about the blood red wheels like you were talking about the other day? :proud:

#38 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:10 AM

Looks good Martin - how about the blood red wheels like you were talking about the other day? :proud:

I'm working on that version right now - thats why I'm not asleep where I should be............... :P

#39 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

Good news about the kit from Darren, I didnt get to see him on Thursday (as he was still snowed under with work) and the week before I didnt got down to our local meet as I had a job on........a bit of ironing yeh proper scary stuff lol

The last time I saw Darrens demo was before paint but yeh I was amazed at the roll cage, proper work of art imo. Keep meaning to pop over some time and see how bright the yellow is.

Hows yours coming along Lee as ive not seen any updates for a bit?

#40 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

its propper bright!
i dont tend to put anything on the forums about my own car, i'm waiting for one of darrens new diff casings to arrive and i'm having someone fit me a flip front soon as i'm not too keen on the idea of getting one to fit lol

other than that got to have some meat taken off my hi los to get it lower and then its mot time...

#41 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

Cool fair play mate good to see it still coming along tho. Yeh flip fronts can be tricky, took me donkies to get my fibreglass one to sit right ish lol. Darren brought one for yellow car as you probably know and binned it lol so is going for a steel welded up jobbie

#42 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Looks good Martin - how about the blood red wheels like you were talking about the other day? :kiss:

here are the latest incarnations - one with the rip-off of the red inner rims I saw on a Civic last week.

#43 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

its propper bright!
i dont tend to put anything on the forums about my own car, i'm waiting for one of darrens new diff casings to arrive and i'm having someone fit me a flip front soon as i'm not too keen on the idea of getting one to fit lol

other than that got to have some meat taken off my hi los to get it lower and then its mot time...

aaaaawwwww go-on, dont be shy. Id love to see the process of doing the flip-front. :kiss:

#44 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

OK, so heres the last few, these are all the colours I have seen recently that I thought would look good.

At the moment my favourite is the charcoal version

any opinions - feedback always welcome.

#45 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

I like the last pic best :kiss: the light grey one. :thumbs up: what are you using to make these pics? they look good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users