49 replies to this topic

#31 richardro

richardro

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

w00t! that is one absolutely amazing car, may i ask how old you are and what insurance is like on these? it makes me laugh when you see stuck up men who have more money than sense buying lambos and ferraris for performance when a good old Hayabusa mini can slaughter um!! (no offence to lambos n ferraris, they are gorjus)

I am 30 (sadly) in a couple of weeks. The insurance is so much I am embarrased to quote it but (gulp) I have 0 no claims because other cars are insured in a special way that means I get no no claims so I have limited mileage 6k, immobiliser, parked on drive, no business travel, (value of car not disclosed here) £1400.

How does that compare?

#32 Philtrum

Philtrum

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

Superb ... bloody superb

I've been out in a few bike engine cars, and built a fireblade powered lotus 7 replica, but that one takes the biscuit

WANT ONE

I might have an answer to your throttle cable problem

its quite common on bike engine cars to have problems with the throttle cable, the problem is that a car throttle pedal is way to strong when compaired to a bike twist grip

there are 2 ways of fixing this,

1. put a decent throttle stop on the pedal and ensure that its set so the carbs open 100% but does not put adverse tension on the cable (as thats what snaps them)

2. put a spring in the cable (2 are better in parallel), this will take out any extreeme forces when you mash the pedal or push it too far, but still allow you to wack the carbs open quickly

personally, I'd do both

hope that helps

Cheers
Phil

#33 favminigirl

favminigirl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish mini club

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:51 PM

ouch!

but hell yea i'd pay it to drive a min like that!!!!
so u up 4 takin yr local friendly postie out for a spin when on the rd???? :cheese:

#34 richardro

richardro

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

Superb ... bloody superb

I've been out in a few bike engine cars, and built a fireblade powered lotus 7 replica, but that one takes the biscuit

WANT ONE

I might have an answer to your throttle cable problem

its quite common on bike engine cars to have problems with the throttle cable, the problem is that a car throttle pedal is way to strong when compaired to a bike twist grip

there are 2 ways of fixing this,

1. put a decent throttle stop on the pedal and ensure that its set so the carbs open 100% but does not put adverse tension on the cable (as thats what snaps them)

2. put a spring in the cable (2 are better in parallel), this will take out any extreeme forces when you mash the pedal or push it too far, but still allow you to wack the carbs open quickly

personally, I'd do both

hope that helps

Cheers
Phil

The throttle cable on there has only done 30 miles.....I think I may have hit something that has bounced up and hit the cable causing a kink and the that has caused a massive increase in tension. :w00t:(

I also may fit a pedal stop as well just to be on the safe side!

All I need is time to do it!

But when it is complete I am happy to take all those people who want a spin out! I may even come to a meet if it is done soon!

2nd July the next local one?

#35 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

Yip! apparently so! £1400 is nothing, I was paying £1800 on my 1425 mini! And was quoted £3000 insurance for a TVR, which I would gladly pay if I could afford a TVR!!!

Hope to see u on the 2nd!

#36 Philtrum

Philtrum

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

Hi

I hope you sort the throttle cable, and I would recommend putting a decent pedal stop to stop any damage to the carbs etc

how have you got a reverse on it ? ... is a starter motor on a ring gear, or using an additional drive transfer/reverse gearbox ?

cheers
Phil

#37 richardro

richardro

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

I have taken a few pics of the car but have no idea how to post them up? Can anyone host them and add a link?

#38 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

Go to ImageShack and host them there, then you can use one of the links they give you to post the pictures on here.

Doing it this way uses Imageshacks bandwidth instead of TMFs and also allows you to post more than one pic per post.

#39 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

if you like, you can send them to me, via msn, or email, your choice and il host them for you.

Email is: [email protected]

#40 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

Here are the pictures that i was sent to post:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Has your mini been in a mini magazine recently???

#42 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

*dribbles* that is one stunning car mate - try and get some more videos up soon.. :grin:

#43 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

Isnt this mini in MiniWorld this month?

What a cool mini!

#44 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:33 PM

Woopie beautifull mini, goes aswell as it looks!

#45 richardro

richardro

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

I have not seen this months mini world! The car was featured in Which Kit in Feb(I think) It was supposed to be going in Mini World in March but never made it (as far as I know) so It could be mine but no one has told me it will be in there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users