19 replies to this topic

#16 poolmike

poolmike

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Mine is still in the planning stages. It will most likely be a rear mount, being that I just gave my rear subframe away. However I did start thinking seriously about the front mount. Once I pull the engine and get an opportunity to set the 'Busa engine up front, I will have a better opinion. Either way, it will be expensive for me to build. I am in the US, and their is no one here that makes a kit. Roughly $10,000 dollars to get a Zcars kit to my door isn't very inviting, but at the same time...neither is designing my own and all of the trouble that comes with it.

I will set the engine in the front subframe and take some measurements. Bonnet mods don't bother me. No reverse options DOES bother me....

#17 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Mine is still in the planning stages. It will most likely be a rear mount, being that I just gave my rear subframe away. However I did start thinking seriously about the front mount. Once I pull the engine and get an opportunity to set the 'Busa engine up front, I will have a better opinion. Either way, it will be expensive for me to build. I am in the US, and their is no one here that makes a kit. Roughly $10,000 dollars to get a Zcars kit to my door isn't very inviting, but at the same time...neither is designing my own and all of the trouble that comes with it.

I will set the engine in the front subframe and take some measurements. Bonnet mods don't bother me. No reverse options DOES bother me....

One of our kits to your door in the US would probably set you back a touch over £3500 GBP with shipping, then you just need an engine.
It can take someone with a little amount of knowledge/experience around 3 days to get it in and running. The kit is also now avaliable with a reverse gear >_<)

I think you will be suprised at the size difference between a Busa and an R1.

#18 poolmike

poolmike

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:07 AM

Reallllllllly?? I already have a 'Busa engine. Is there any specific year R1 I should look for?

#19 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

check their website ^^

5PW is the latest engine that will fit the kits i think?

#20 poolmike

poolmike

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

I sent them a message to obtain some prices. Now I have to obtain an engine and sell the Hayabusa engine. This is a tough decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users