19 replies to this topic

#1 minifever

minifever

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:50 AM

Hello everyone im interested in building a hayabusa mini but i have no clue on were to start and i also dont want to cut out the back of my car i would like to know if its possible to build a front mount hayabusa engined mini and if theres anyone out there that can point me in the wright direction any kind of edvice will be highly appreciated so please if theres anyone that can help me and were i can get the parts i will need and if you know if there is a kit that they sell for the swap thank you everyone for the time and help hope to hear from you

#2 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

check with Promotive mini , they may be able to help you. they do a front r1 mini conversion with an inhouse kit, shouldnt be to difficult to do a busa.

#3 minifever

minifever

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:50 AM

check with Promotive mini , they may be able to help you. they do a front r1 mini conversion with an inhouse kit, shouldnt be to difficult to do a busa.

was just checking but nothing on busa engine

#4 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

call them or e-mail them I think they were working on a busa fit

#5 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:44 AM

That's gonna need a huge bonnet bulge, if not an extended front end as well :yinyang:

#6 minifever

minifever

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

That's gonna need a huge bonnet bulge, if not an extended front end as well :yinyang:

yea i thought it was not much bigger then the r1 egine

#7 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

Darren and Phil orignally played around with a Busa lump but its a bigger engine to the ol R1's so they need more room so either an extended front end losing the mini looks or a whopping chuck taken out of the heel panel etc to keep the standard length. There is a pic of a van on the guys site giving you a basic idea as work in progress if they ever get the time lol

#8 steveo

steveo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:59 AM

Darren and Phil orignally played around with a Busa lump but its a bigger engine to the ol R1's so they need more room so either an extended front end losing the mini looks or a whopping chuck taken out of the heel panel etc to keep the standard length. There is a pic of a van on the guys site giving you a basic idea as work in progress if they ever get the time lol

would it fit under a clubman front end?

#9 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

Isn't the van rwd or was that a blackbird powered van? You could put it in the front with the fwd with a 3.5" extended front, as long as it's done well using the 13" wheels preferably, it's barely noticable

Cheers
David

Edited by R1mini, 12 August 2008 - 12:15 PM.

#10 Sam Walters

Sam Walters

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

or a clubby so it doesnt look daft.

#11 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

how much of a chunk????

i guess having the busa makes the decision to get the pro-motive kit all the more tempting

#12 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

my bad peeps, I need to go stand in the corner wearing a HUGE dunce hat....its actually a Blackbird engined van. Sorry chaps n gals

#13 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

does anyone know how much bigger or now much of a chunk needs to be taken out to get the busa motor in there ?

#14 poolmike

poolmike

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

I am currently looking in to this. I have the 'busa engine, but I just can't afford to buy a Z-cars rear engine kit. I would like to install the engine up front, but I am not sure about the space needed.

#15 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

Like anything,it's possible but financially feasable? I doubt so. The visa motor is quite tall .in my Promotive r1 the engine does fill the available space even tho it's inclined so if it were taller like the bussa motor slot more would need doing to the bonnet
If you really want to do it then you'll find a way ,personally the r1 is cheaper more readily available and easily possible ,ok it's less powerful but what it would cost you to bold a bussa fwd mini you'd have change from the Promotive conversion to spend on tuning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users