The engine runs fairly well, but I would like to know which carb this is so that I can find an air filter.
Any tips appreciated
Malcolm
P1010915.jpg 249.88K
20 downloads
P1010914.jpg 286.25K
34 downloads
Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:19 AM
P1010915.jpg 249.88K
20 downloads
P1010914.jpg 286.25K
34 downloads
Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:32 AM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:38 AM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:39 AM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:54 AM
Ahhh, that probably explains why I couldn't identify it from the Haynes manual – mine is '69 to '82The carb is an SU HIF..., they were fitted to lots of the 90's 1275's before injection.
Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:10 PM
Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:40 PM
I figured that would be the answer. Too late though, it's been running like this for a good while. I've got to take the head off to replace the gasket, so I'll soon find out just how gritty northern air is...it will form a nice grinding paste, which will get into your engine and wear it out very fast indeed.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users