Jump to content


Community Status Updates


Photo

Artful Dodger

So, sanding and filling the miglia. Do I go the whole hog and fill it/beat it so it's shiney and straight or leave a few creases and dents for history's sake. The car was rolled and presumed written off but was rebuild and jigged back to straight at longbridge prototype plant!! Opinions please I think history!
Jul 22 2013 09:36 AM
  • alex-95's Photo
    alex-95
    If you're having it matte then I would leave the dents.

    Jul 22 2013 11:55 AM
  • Sam Walters's Photo
    Sam Walters
    Why don't you restore it to how it was pre crash?
    Jul 22 2013 12:50 PM
  • Artful Dodger's Photo
    Artful Dodger
    Look at the thread, it was in a road-sport guise when he rolled it, then he built it to a full racer spec, then put it in a barn for 30 years. When we dragged it out I loved the look so much, you just dont see it at all at shows, I want something different, something with history. I already have my super shiney show car clubman, this is the other end of the scale;)
    Jul 22 2013 01:40 PM
Photo

SecretSugar

Dumb and Dumber is an awesome film! Forgot how funny it was!
Jul 21 2013 10:07 PM
Photo

a_woolhouse

Feeling the need to buy random mini bits :/
Jul 21 2013 08:28 PM
Photo

lyndseyp27

Agree to go see a mini, seller changes day and time, agree to new day (60 miles fr
Jul 21 2013 08:14 PM
  • mattw92's Photo
    mattw92
    poor poor mini :'(
    Jul 21 2013 08:50 PM
  • lyndseyp27's Photo
    lyndseyp27
    my other mini (violet) will be getting fixed this coming week with a new custom made loom). This one was for a friend :(
    Jul 22 2013 09:18 AM
  • 0525116's Photo
    0525116
    :) back on the road
    Jul 22 2013 10:12 PM
Photo

SecretSugar

Anyone watching Top Gear?
Jul 21 2013 07:09 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    T'was epic! Bloody hilarious!
    Jul 21 2013 08:03 PM
  • SecretSugar's Photo
    SecretSugar
    Slightly getting back to what it use to be. Hilarious.
    Jul 21 2013 08:13 PM
  • 0525116's Photo
    0525116
    more funny when they do a challenge etc.
    Jul 21 2013 08:26 PM
Photo

Hrimfaxi

To the Bini driver who flashed/waved at me on the A21 - wasn't ignoring you, I just didn't expect it haha
Jul 21 2013 05:30 PM
  • Hrimfaxi's Photo
    Hrimfaxi
    Haha I didn't really know what to do! They must either own a classic aswell, or in denial.. :P
    Jul 21 2013 06:28 PM
  • robminibcy's Photo
    robminibcy
    The trouble with being flashed by a bini is you can't tell if they're being friendly, something just dropped off or there's a speed camera ahead!
    Jul 21 2013 11:15 PM
  • Hrimfaxi's Photo
    Hrimfaxi
    Haha like it.
    Jul 22 2013 07:09 PM
Photo

MrBounce

Frustrating day in the garage. More bodywork horrors. I am angry.
Jul 21 2013 03:13 PM
  • Krafty_Kid13's Photo
    Krafty_Kid13
    I feel your pain... ( ._.)
    Jul 21 2013 03:39 PM
  • Artful Dodger's Photo
    Artful Dodger
    So does zoidburg (V) (;,,,;) (V)
    Jul 21 2013 04:56 PM
Photo

Algordo1100

Feel like a tw@t
Jul 21 2013 01:16 PM
Photo

Artful Dodger

Buying DSNclassics parts makes me happeh
Jul 21 2013 12:57 PM
  • Artful Dodger's Photo
    Artful Dodger
    Where so you live bro, you could be close to me!
    Jul 22 2013 09:32 PM
  • Spud_133's Photo
    Spud_133
    I'm just outside norwich so the other side to you
    Jul 23 2013 06:25 AM
  • Spud_133's Photo
    Spud_133
    I'm just outside norwich so the other side to you
    Jul 23 2013 06:25 AM
Photo

jenbachertech

Wednesday is MOT time - will it pass?
Jul 20 2013 09:52 PM
  • Retro_1985's Photo
    Retro_1985
    fingers crossed

    Jul 20 2013 09:53 PM
Photo

littlemissmagic

feeling really disheartened about the mini :( feels like it will never get done.......
Jul 20 2013 09:39 PM
  • littlemissmagic's Photo
    littlemissmagic
    I think because I used it daily for 4 years it makes it worse because no other cars compare lol
    Jul 21 2013 02:40 PM
  • mattw92's Photo
    mattw92
    awwww :P how come its taking so long? i agree nothing does compare i had a 2011 plate mercedes A class for 7 months and once i fixed my mini and got driving him again it was magical :)
    Jul 21 2013 05:44 PM
  • littlemissmagic's Photo
    littlemissmagic
    Problem is its being stored outside at my uncles house which is an hour drive and my dad can only weld it in his spare time which is basically never :( I'll wait years more if I have to but doesn't half suck, especially as I'm starting a new job working for a classic car parts company so makes me miss it even more!
    Jul 21 2013 09:43 PM
Photo

Retro_1985

sadly my mini wont make mini's in the rec tomorrow :( but i will be there in the mk2 golf gti :D
Jul 20 2013 08:21 PM
Photo

Hegnirst

extremely down, dont feel worth anything
Jul 20 2013 07:48 PM
  • Hegnirst's Photo
    Hegnirst
    thanks Iain, i know things can only get better, but its horrible having to walk through the crap to get to it again and again :(
    Jul 20 2013 08:06 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    I know exactly how you feel mate but keep going and things will be ok again eventually :)
    Jul 20 2013 08:21 PM
  • Hegnirst's Photo
    Hegnirst
    thanks man, Ive just gotta sell these few parts and ill be alright for a bit!
    Jul 20 2013 08:39 PM
Photo

TehMarchant

Some idiot had cracked my miglia arches when my baby was parked up. They have a green car, watch out for them.
Jul 20 2013 05:01 PM
  • SecretSugar's Photo
    SecretSugar
    Some people are just careless and cruel. :(
    Jul 20 2013 05:13 PM
Photo

helvis

Looking forward to Mini's on the rec tomorrow :)
Jul 20 2013 04:55 PM