Jump to content


Community Status Updates


Photo

giacomo

i want a moke, but why you so expensive -.-
Oct 09 2014 08:11 AM
Photo

JackF

My DSN order is at the post office because no one was in at home today. I'm so excited.
Oct 08 2014 08:44 PM
Photo

Wise Old Elf

Put Mini away for winter or get a few more drives in?
Oct 08 2014 06:54 PM
  • Gerbil367's Photo
    Gerbil367
    I feel like an old OCD geezer checking the weather forecast all the time to see if its safe to bring mine out of the garage!
    Oct 09 2014 12:46 PM
  • Deev's Photo
    Deev
    Away for winter? In October? Blimey do you only run your Mini for four months a year? :P
    Oct 14 2014 04:25 PM
  • Wise Old Elf's Photo
    Wise Old Elf
    The red Mini has a stripped sump plug thread at the moment so is not going anywhere till I get five minutes to Helicoil it.
    Oct 14 2014 04:50 PM
Photo

willava182

Bought a Poke-ball gearknob, over priced but i just had to im sorry ;)
Oct 08 2014 06:16 PM
  • MattMiniS96's Photo
    MattMiniS96
    Where from?!
    Oct 09 2014 11:30 AM
Photo

JOE123

got myself a 1971 vw bug a few weeks back. have to say there forum is nowhere near as good as here
Oct 08 2014 04:59 PM
  • Ben_O's Photo
    Ben_O
    I joined a Renault forum after buying one and found that it was completely different to here. Hardly anyone on line and no sense of community either
    Oct 08 2014 09:42 PM
  • JOE123's Photo
    JOE123
    Its like noone wants to chat to eachother and just do there own thing
    Oct 09 2014 12:29 PM
Photo

RosieandJim

grill plan
Oct 08 2014 11:59 AM
Photo

minimk1

Car went on the rolling road yesterday, my little 998 produced 50bhp at 5000rpm, this was 20bhp more than what I turned up to the rr with, car feels so nippy now, just an epic time
Oct 08 2014 06:16 AM
  • silve1999's Photo
    silve1999
    where did you go?
    Oct 08 2014 01:08 PM
  • minimk1's Photo
    minimk1
    My spec is

    Std a series 998 block
    Std pre verto gearbox
    Std 998 head (with the main combustion chamber restriction removed, by me)
    Duplex timing chain
    Mg metro cam
    Alloy inlet manifold
    Hiff 38
    K and n air filter
    Aau needle
    Maniflow manifold
    Works cooper s exhaust

    Oct 08 2014 06:06 PM
  • minimk1's Photo
    minimk1
    And I went to peter Baldwin, his rollers are said to be inaccurate but at low bhp this Inaccuracy is minimal and my car produced 52bhp so I called it 50 to be more accurate but it is so lively now, I really cannot recommend his work enough !!!!
    Oct 08 2014 06:08 PM
Photo

markyB

mmmmm , i think 4 beers and q bottle of wine aint the best negotiating idea
Oct 07 2014 11:42 PM
  • silve1999's Photo
    silve1999
    depends what you are negotiating
    Oct 08 2014 01:11 PM
Photo

crazirob

winter rebuild to start soon :D
Oct 07 2014 09:25 PM
Photo

Midas Mk1

Can anyone remember a build thread of a brg sports pack, with mk1 features & itj straps and front lights, running a personal 'g' 69 plate? Been trying to find it for ages!
Oct 07 2014 04:44 PM
Photo

markyB

contemplating jacking my job in
Oct 07 2014 04:38 PM
Photo

Ben_O

If you are considering using those replacement ball joint dust covers that are available, DONT BOTHER!!
Oct 07 2014 02:58 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    I worked that out as you said replacement wishbone! The one my mate bought was from euro car parts and the rubber just disintegrated
    Oct 08 2014 08:37 PM
  • Ben_O's Photo
    Ben_O
    I now have a really good method of doing the retaining clips which makes it easy as pie. So after all the moaning, I shall use these in the future!
    Oct 08 2014 08:39 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    Good idea! Saves forking out £40 for a wishbone each time
    Oct 08 2014 08:41 PM
Photo

TheJack

So got a phone call today about an Apprenticeship with Nagel Langdons, I was told that out of 6 candidates myself and someone else are their favourites and I should hopefully be invited to do some tester days to see how I do and then fingers crossed I will get it! So exciting!
Oct 06 2014 09:43 PM
  • Will16's Photo
    Will16
    Nice one! I got an apprenticeship with Thames Water. It's great!
    Oct 07 2014 04:33 PM
  • TheJack's Photo
    TheJack
    That HGV?
    Oct 07 2014 06:39 PM
Photo

toyboy396

Time for a yard clearout..... again
Oct 06 2014 07:17 PM
Photo

IainStallard

Decided I'm going to decorate my mini for Halloween. Any ideas? Black grille with spiders and web over it?
Oct 06 2014 02:45 PM
  • JetBlackEreg's Photo
    JetBlackEreg
    Pumpkin on the bonnet
    Oct 06 2014 03:38 PM
  • Miniminx71's Photo
    Miniminx71
    Drape a white sheet with big black eyes and a mouth over the passenger seat to look like you've got a ghost in the car!
    Oct 06 2014 08:53 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    ^^Brilliant!
    Oct 06 2014 09:01 PM