Community Status Updates
Miniminx71
Few tiny rust bubble repairs to scuttle, top of A panel, headlight seam and a bit of a chunk on the rear valance - £400 plus VAT. Jeez, you have to be either minted or do it yourself to afford a Mini these days.I can see why so many are just left to get really rotten.
Oct 13 2014 02:44 PM
-
Big Sam
Though conversely, good money to be have if you start your own business!
Oct 13 2014 02:49 PM -
Ben_O
Is that quote to rub down and re-paint the rusty areas or is it to cut out and replace those areas?
Hopefully the latter because mini's rust from the inside out, especially on the seam under the headlight. If it's just rubbed down and re-painted then you would just be chucking £400 away im afraid as the rust will return quickly unless its chopped right out.
Oct 13 2014 02:55 PM -
Miniminx71
Well, apparently not as a one man band. My guy (who's straight as anything) can only charge a max of £40 an hour. Any more than that and he loses out to other garages employing more than one person. His rent and everything has shot up meaning he's actually earning less than he was 5 years ago. 10 hours work is actually about right - little bubbles mean a bigger problem. Ok if you can work out of your own garage I guess. Biggest expense is overheads.
Oct 13 2014 02:59 PM
cubby1701
looking at a set of allycats there really cheap but are missing the nut sleeves are they hard to come by
Oct 13 2014 01:24 PM
TheJack
Mini should be going in for painting today, long as the weather picks up so I can take it apart!
Oct 13 2014 10:04 AM
-
EAVB
Drop me a PM, I have one I'll send you for nothing.
Oct 13 2014 12:16 PM
lyndseyp27
I cant have been the only person from here that went to the Mini meet at MFN yesterday, can I?
Oct 13 2014 08:52 AM
-
The Matt
Looks like it! :P
Oct 13 2014 10:51 AM -
lyndseyp27
That's a shame. Loads of classics there - nice to see they outnumbered the binis!
Oct 13 2014 11:19 AM
JacckKirk
Girlfriend got me a surprise annivsary present , a rotweiller puppy ... Maybe in the last year i didnt mention my massive fear of rottys Ooops
Oct 12 2014 09:56 PM
-
Miniminx71
Yeahhhh!
Oct 12 2014 10:27 PM -
littlemissmagic
Rottys are amazingly lovely dogs! My dog is a rottweiler/husky cross and shes so loyal and loving. Post a picture!
Oct 13 2014 06:26 AM -
lyndseyp27
awwww i think this is really cute!
Oct 13 2014 08:51 AM
TheJack
Last day to drive my mini for a month! Got to strip it tomorrow for painting! Going to miss her :(
Oct 12 2014 09:04 AM
IainStallard
Getting free tickets to topgear as my workplace is doing the catering for them, winning!!
Oct 11 2014 10:10 PM
-
roughneckin
Jealous!! Have fun though
Oct 12 2014 04:44 AM -
Dan
They're all free! It's the waiting list that's a problem.
Oct 12 2014 12:14 PM
-
ibby4585
Fleabay I pick them up on Tues. They need work but no digs or chunks out of them.
Oct 11 2014 05:31 PM -
megamini_jb
Want to make a bit of profit? I'll offer £61 :p
Oct 11 2014 06:02 PM -
ibby4585
You find me a 1275gt original and reasonably priced and I will give them to you!!lol
Oct 11 2014 06:17 PM
-
cubby1701
Glad to he's it mate as long as you are ok and no lasting effects from the accident
Oct 11 2014 04:30 PM -
MiniGrin
Yea im fine taa, a little less trusting of the car infront, and am having second thought about the 13X7 mambas :P might go for some 10X6s of some kind next time :P
Oct 11 2014 05:42 PM
pusb
New daily driver. X-regd Fiesta, 12 months MOT, £400. Cant go wrong at that price! (Although it probably will end up going wrong more often than the Mini!)
Oct 11 2014 02:36 PM
-
M J W J
You do know what ford stands for right? Fix or repair daily. Every ford I have owned has lived up to this. They have been utter sh**e.
Oct 11 2014 02:54 PM -
Youngowner93
I had a Y-2001 Fiesta with the old OHV engine, never went wrong in fact the most reliable car I've owned!
Oct 11 2014 04:19 PM -
Moggyton
Wont go wrong with a ford ;)
Oct 11 2014 06:58 PM


This status update has reached the maximum number of replies allowed

