Jump to content


Community Status Updates


Photo

domdee

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. No time to stand beneath the boughs And stare as long as sheep or cows. No time to see, when woods we pass, Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass. No time to see, in broad daylight, Streams full of stars, like skies at night. No time to turn at Beauty's glance, And watch her feet, how they can dance. No time to wait till her mouth can Enrich that smile her eyes began. A poor life this if, full of care, We have no t...
Oct 02 2013 08:57 AM
  • domdee's Photo
    domdee
    to stand and stare.
    Oct 02 2013 08:57 AM
Photo

Algordo1100

So I now live in Perth, Western Australia. Minis are very expensive here :-(
Oct 02 2013 01:11 AM
  • Gadgets's Photo
    Gadgets
    ship two or 3 in a container and spare parts, keep one sell others to cover shipping costs etc.. "simples"
    Oct 02 2013 06:08 AM
  • the_samkingdon15's Photo
    the_samkingdon15
    ^^ good idea
    Oct 02 2013 07:01 AM
Photo

sherly

tracked down and spoke to the niece of my 1275gts first owner from 1970 today. The only story she had about the car is that her aunt learnt to drive in it, failed her test loads of times and only passed 'because she slept with the examiner! Happy Days! :)
Oct 01 2013 08:17 PM
Photo

MrBounce

I laughed when the guy told me how much to recore my radiator. Bought a new Metro one instead.
Oct 01 2013 08:11 PM
Photo

Stiggytoo

Had my third breakdown today. It was the coil this time. I'm slowly replacing everything that can go wrong on the car - sadly this means I'm nearing the next problem/thing I have to replace ;D
Oct 01 2013 07:54 PM
  • MiniGrin's Photo
    MiniGrin
    Aawww :( Well there are only so many things that can go wrong.... a few thousand ;)
    Oct 01 2013 08:48 PM
  • Stiggytoo's Photo
    Stiggytoo
    Well that's a relief!
    Oct 01 2013 09:39 PM
  • Kieranlee999's Photo
    Kieranlee999
    only a couple to go then :)
    Oct 02 2013 08:05 AM
Photo

MiniGrin

AAGGHH Just bought a new exhaust from a shop about 20 miles away from me, a fletcher Twin DTM, got it home and have found that one pipe is badly dented..... Not Happy!
Oct 01 2013 06:08 PM
Photo

Ryan n Angela

just drove the family car... horrible, quiet, no feeling through the wheel or clutch and nearly put me sen through the winda when I touched the brakes!!! think I'll stick to the mini from now on...
Oct 01 2013 04:07 PM
  • HarrysMini's Photo
    HarrysMini
    I know what you mean. The steering feels like jelly and there's no 'bite' in the clutch. And the brakes are too good!
    Oct 01 2013 05:54 PM
Photo

MiniMan1996

So my dad comes round to work on the car, get everything ready... and the battery is dead. Oh well, at least we cleaned and polished the beast. I guess it will have to wait until next Monday before we try and start it :/
Sep 30 2013 10:23 PM
Photo

herdy

Started on the internal boot release, coming on well considering how little time I've spent so far :D
Sep 30 2013 08:09 PM
Photo

MrBounce

I am ridiculously hungry.
Sep 30 2013 04:45 PM
  • 'Chop''s Photo
    'Chop'
    Hopefully you've eaten by now :-O

    Oct 01 2013 06:03 PM
  • IainStallard's Photo
    IainStallard
    I'm not particularly hungry today :P
    Oct 01 2013 06:12 PM
  • MrBounce's Photo
    MrBounce
    I was hungry earlier, but then I made lasagne. I am now the size of a house.
    Oct 01 2013 08:08 PM
Photo

Grimshaw17

Get to the train station and realise I dont have my wallet. Now missed my lecture :/ This may be down to a weekend binge on rattler and vodka, finished with The Darkness.
Sep 30 2013 10:44 AM
Photo

the_samkingdon15

school :'(
Sep 30 2013 06:38 AM
  • the_samkingdon15's Photo
    the_samkingdon15
    wise words M J W J
    Sep 30 2013 03:27 PM
  • Archived4's Photo
    Archived4
    College for me tomorrow. Utter poo. Until I get to drive the mini there. Then'll be a pimp ;')
    Sep 30 2013 07:14 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Lucky for me I worked hard at school, college and university so I am now the head of my department (by default really) and I am doing a lot better than about half of the people who were in my year at school. Also someone once told me that work was harder than university. Err not if you are an engineer. The people who tell you that university is easy are either failing or never went.
    Sep 30 2013 09:11 PM
Photo

callum2464

was down in newcastle for the weekend and went with the family to Beamish, and to my suprise there was a classic car show there wasn't expecting that so turned out a good day, quite a few minis there and some amazing escorts, might upload some pics for use later :P
Sep 29 2013 08:25 PM
Photo

silver_toes

No time for the mini this weekend :-(
Sep 29 2013 08:21 PM
Photo

andros

i,m in need of shocks
Sep 29 2013 07:39 PM
  • M J W J's Photo
    M J W J
    Lick a 9v battery. That should work.
    Sep 30 2013 02:31 PM
  • old original's Photo
    old original
    BOO!
    Sep 30 2013 04:34 PM