6 replies to this topic

#1 beaubrad

beaubrad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

i have got myself a rokee dash and wanted to give my mini the Mk1 look, but i was just wondering if i have to take the bottom rail plastic off as the metal behind it is about 1inch inwards (sorry hope you understand this????)

#2 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

Moved Topic to correct section.

#3 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

quick answer to your question..... YES! :thumbsup:

#4 bert998

bert998

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

I have had a rokee dash with the lower dash rail padding fitted.

#5 beaubrad

beaubrad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

quick answer to your question..... YES! :thumbsup:

ok cheers . . .but what do i have to do to make the switches go back in there place as they are held by 2 brackets ??

#6 jonbouy

jonbouy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

To Beaubrad,

Re MkI style Rokee dashboard.

You don't normally need to remove the lower padded rail, but it's best to remove the chrome strip along the top back edge. You can do this by holding a block of wood against it and gently tapping this with a hammer. Work your way along the edge and gradually remove it.
In the original kit there would have been a plastic covered foam strip to fit below the centre panel, long enough to span the distance between the two side panels and approx. 1¼" x ¼". This was to fill the gap between the centre panel and the parcel shelf. (The gap varied greatly from car to car).

I don't know quite how this works, but I have tried to attach a picture of the completed installation. If you cannot open it, send me your email address to [email protected] and I will send it as a jpeg file via normal email.

best of luck, John Yardy.

Attached Files

#7 beaubrad

beaubrad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

To Beaubrad,

Re MkI style Rokee dashboard.

You don't normally need to remove the lower padded rail, but it's best to remove the chrome strip along the top back edge. You can do this by holding a block of wood against it and gently tapping this with a hammer. Work your way along the edge and gradually remove it.
In the original kit there would have been a plastic covered foam strip to fit below the centre panel, long enough to span the distance between the two side panels and approx. 1¼" x ¼". This was to fill the gap between the centre panel and the parcel shelf. (The gap varied greatly from car to car).

I don't know quite how this works, but I have tried to attach a picture of the completed installation. If you cannot open it, send me your email address to [email protected] and I will send it as a jpeg file via normal email.

best of luck, John Yardy.

cheers mate ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users