5 replies to this topic

#1 antichristpm

antichristpm

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:17 AM

Yes I have searched this forum as well as many others. That being said...

I have a 1997 Japan spec spi with ac / air conditioning and an mpi block etc.

I imported it not too long ago and have spent hours fixing issues. I have gone through and replaced all the vacuum lines, the lambda or o2 sensor, plugs, distributor cap / dizzy, wires, reset the ecu / computer, cleaned the butterfly / throttle, and have obviously changed the oil. Oh and I have also changed the oil pressure sensor but with the wrong type so the dummy light comes on fairly regularly.

Ok, after I just replaced the vacuum lines and lambda it solved a bucking problem I had at highway speeds. However now when I accelerate the engine pauses then smoothly accelerates. It feels like a hesitation or delay right after I press the gas pedal. Happens at all speeds even from a dead stop. Feels like it would die or stall if I pressed the gas to the floor from a dead stop and a buck if I were to press it from any moving speed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Paul

#2 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:54 AM

I spent ages trying and replacing things on my 1994 spi with no luck and a friend who is a pro mech spent a lot of time on his (ex) girlfreinds cooper 35 spi also ,so i think thats how they are i'm afraid sorry.

#3 satvinder

satvinder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

the mixture bein set correct??? timing slightly out??? maby theres two much air and fuel gettin to the engine?

any of that help???

#4 satvinder

satvinder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

the mixture bein set correct??? timing slightly out??? maby theres two much air and fuel gettin to the engine?

any of that help???

#5 antichristpm

antichristpm

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Bahhh,

I spent another hour searching forums and decided to double-check my own work again.

I found that the vacuum line I made was a wee bit too short from the back of the manifold to the MAP sensor. It had a pinch on the end that went to the MAP. I replaced it with a longer line with no pinches and presto! Problem gone!

Thank you for your replies and I have to thank the forums for help too!

:lol:

#6 satvinder

satvinder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

woo nice one. all runnin good????

glad it was summink simple???

x

0 user(s) are reading this topic