1943 replies to this topic

#106 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Aye a 1380 would easily outstrip a vts. Should be quick man.

Just a modded 1275. Me and my dad are gunna do the work on it.

Twin carbs, ported and flowed head, double valve springs, 286 MD cam with duplex vernier kit, lightened fly, (maybe an uprated clutch not sure on this one), S/S LCB with and rc40.

Probs get some different wheels and hi-lo's.

Want to keep it a bit of a sleeper so i can show the tracky b's and tuck in's what a proper car is lol.

#107 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Twin carbs, ported and flowed head, double valve springs, 286 MD cam with duplex vernier kit, lightened fly, (maybe an uprated clutch not sure on this one), S/S LCB with and rc40.

Want to keep it a bit of a sleeper so i can show the tracky b's and tuck in's what a proper car is lol.

Same cam as me, probably going to be about the same, im not sure about the VTS, they can go pretty quick. Aiming to beat my mates 1.4 16v polo. he's got 100bhp. Probably jus a bit more than me. Im not sure about the clutch, Ive heard the standard one can stand up fine, and the racing ones mean you either gun it, or stall. Im not sure, ive got a brand new standard one on mine at the minute. Hopefully it should be fine, so long as I dont ride it.

#108 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Same cam as me, probably going to be about the same, im not sure about the VTS, they can go pretty quick. Aiming to beat my mates 1.4 16v polo. he's got 100bhp. Probably jus a bit more than me. Im not sure about the clutch, Ive heard the standard one can stand up fine, and the racing ones mean you either gun it, or stall. Im not sure, ive got a brand new standard one on mine at the minute. Hopefully it should be fine, so long as I dont ride it.

I think it's the best cam for the performance i want. I have a bike to go to work on aswell so it's not gunna bother me with the idle.

With a slick 1380 i reckon you could easy beat a vts. There 0-60 is only like 7.8 sec i think? 1380's can match that. You will smash that polo. I've seen a video on here of a 1380 beating a seat ibiza 1.9 TDi and the TDi had a head start.

Edited by AndrewJ530, 16 January 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#109 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I think it's the best cam for the performance i want. I have a bike to go to work on aswell so it's not gunna bother me with the idle.

With a slick 1380 i reckon you could easy beat a vts. There 0-60 is only like 7.8 sec i think? 1380's can match that. You will smash that polo. I've seen a video on here of a 1380 beating a seat ibiza 1.9 TDi and the TDi had a head start.

Yeah I saw that, but that 1380 is a little higher spec than mine. And that was a 100hp ibiza and the saxo vts is something lk 118 or 120 hp. Ah well ive got a bit more lightness on my side. Saxo's are around 950 kg and minis are less than that, If I took the subs out which im very much considering, would be even better. We'll just have to wait and see, im bidding on 1.5 rockers atm aswell so that should give me a little bit more.

#110 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Yeah I saw that, but that 1380 is a little higher spec than mine. And that was a 100hp ibiza and the saxo vts is something lk 118 or 120 hp. Ah well ive got a bit more lightness on my side. Saxo's are around 950 kg and minis are less than that, If I took the subs out which im very much considering, would be even better. We'll just have to wait and see, im bidding on 1.5 rockers atm aswell so that should give me a little bit more.

Minis are only about 500kg in standard trim aren't they? because the shell is only 150 and i think it's around the same for the engine so the rest must just be the subby's and suspension.

Are you stripping yours out aswell? Will save a lot of weight.

#111 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

I think there around 750kg i havnt got my haynes with me so can't check. I may strip it out, but I do like some sort of refinment as I drive it back and forth over the bridge quite often. My mate had a stripped mini, which had the 1380 before, and that was sooo loud, and he had a quieter exhaust. I may strip out the back, mount the amps under the front seats, so i'll just have my cage and harness' thats if minisport ever send the cage that is.

#112 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

I think there around 750kg i havnt got my haynes with me so can't check. I may strip it out, but I do like some sort of refinment as I drive it back and forth over the bridge quite often. My mate had a stripped mini, which had the 1380 before, and that was sooo loud, and he had a quieter exhaust. I may strip out the back, mount the amps under the front seats, so i'll just have my cage and harness' thats if minisport ever send the cage that is.

Just get some ear protecters it'll be fine lol.

When did you order the cage like?

#113 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Well i ordered the cage around the begining of december, they had one to send out to me but it was badly scratched and chipped, so they said I could take that one or wait for another to come in, I decided to wait, It didn't bother me that much as my car was off the road. My car is coming together now so Im hoping it'll arrive soonish. I did wear ear protectors when I first started driving it because it had absolutly no sound proofing in it.

#114 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:36 AM

Well i ordered the cage around the begining of december, they had one to send out to me but it was badly scratched and chipped, so they said I could take that one or wait for another to come in, I decided to wait, It didn't bother me that much as my car was off the road. My car is coming together now so Im hoping it'll arrive soonish. I did wear ear protectors when I first started driving it because it had absolutly no sound proofing in it.

It'll probably be worth the wait. You want it to be right.

Just bring the ear protectors out of retirement lol.

#115 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

MOT booked for 2pm friday.
Things to do:

Fit carb, finish engine plumbing, fit bonnet, clean car, get dash bulbs working.

Edited by mini_mad69, 21 January 2009 - 03:29 PM.

#116 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

Get that bloody engine together man, i want to see some videos :crazy: lol.

Hope the MOT goes well bud :thumbsup:!

#117 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yeah me too, i got picked up from the train station today by my father and one of the first things he told me was that I should get a new head gasket because it felt "odd" when torquing down. He could have told me ealier, I don't know why he did it in the first place anyway. So tomorrow ive got too, redo the ehadgasket and see if its "odd" then plumb up the engine. Bolt on the carb and the rest of it. Early night tonight me thinks and ring ip partco in the morning ordr a headgasket in. Should have videos of it running asap.

#118 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Ahh dude! Bloody dad's eh? Who'd have em lol.

Nice one.

#119 CraigyBoy

CraigyBoy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

I'd get a nice FD in that, summin high like 3.65 etc. Gonna go like a rocket!!!!

#120 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'd get a nice FD in that, summin high like 3.65 etc. Gonna go like a rocket!!!!

I'm hoping that it will have a 3.44 in when i get it but seeing is believing so i'll have to wait and see lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users