365 replies to this topic

#316 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

If I'm completely neutral I have to say I think the Raiki incident was 50/50, where as the Weber one, you can clearly see he swerved towards Barrichello.

#317 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

It's all gone a bit quiet in here....

#318 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Have to say I was pretty fearful for Massa after that accident - glad he seems to be stable and apparently improving today. Really pleased for Hamilton - a brilliant drive and a comfortable victory in the end. Could be an interesting rest of the season :ermm:

#319 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Would have been interesting to see how the lead during the race changed had Alonso and Vettel stayed in. I think Alonso could have had a real chance to win. Great for Hammy though, just shows how far they've come, to be at the back of the pack 3-4 races ago, and now to have won!

I bet Flavio won't be too happy at being suspended for the European GP though, maybe push him more towards this FOTA GP series?

I read one online column a week or two ago that talked about Brawn's financial situation, and that because they haven't had any real investment since winter, they've now gone through the upgrades Honda had developed and they haven't got any more to use, which is why they are seemingly going backwards. I can see them struggling next year if they don't get some major sponsorship soon, in order to get some money to start making next years car as early as possible.

#320 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

Vettel must have been gutted - I couldn't quite work out Alonso's overall position as things went on as he started so late, certainly would have been interesting to see where he would have ended up. I didn't realise Renault were suspended until I read your post - i guess they are going to be extra hot on punishing any team mistakes that could cause injury but you are right, I bet he isn't happy.

Brawn do seem to be slowly fading away now - Jenson's radio transmission about the car was quite telling, it must be incredibly frustrating to literally have other teams just pulling away now, and it doesn't seem like they have a lot of options left. I wonder if Branson is waiting in the wings to inject some cash - if so he better do it soon as this could have long term repercussions if they drop too far back.

#321 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Rumours are that Branson has signed a big deal with Manor for next year, so I don't think we'll be seeing Virgin stickers on Brawn's after this season. I get the impression that Branson was close to signing a big deal with Brawn, but after the success of the first few races Brawn wanted more from the deal and so Branson walked away. It was a TV interview a couple of months ago where Brawn said something along the lines of 'Given our current position, the deals that were spoken about at the start of the season are no longer feasible'.

#322 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

The race was good. Its nice to see Lewis up at the top again (never thought i'd say it, but i do kind of miss them days), Although, i would have prefered to see Alonso up there. The Brawns did well with what they had, Considering at one point Jenson was complaining about tyre tempts and then around round lap 50 he just came alive in the smooth Jenson-ish way that we all know and love.

So, a months holiday for the teams, and im sure we're all looking forward to the Euro GP next month after yesterday?

#323 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

good race, nice to see Ham back on the top step.

fingers crossed for Massa to fully recover though as they say he may never race again.

Felipe Massa's condition is "severe but not critical" after surgery on his fractured skull, but there is concern about damage to his left eye.

The Ferrari driver's surgeon confirmed Massa's eye was injured when a spring from Ruben Barrichello's car hit him in qualifying in Hungary on Saturday.

"We don't know if he'll be able to race again. It's too early to say about his future," added surgeon Robert Veres.

"But the immediate life-threatening condition has been averted."

Massa is able to communicate "actively" and move his hands and legs but cannot speak.

Edited by minidan, 27 July 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#324 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Schumacher would consider returning for Ferrari

#325 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

i feel for massa firstly how unlucky and how lucky! If that spring had hit his visor then imagine the result of it :thumbsup: hope he gets well soon, and how great is it to see ham back winning

#326 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

To me Michael lost all of his street-cred in his last seasons racing. The Monaco "incident", Cutting the chicanes whilst racing Delarosa at Hungary, it just set a bad vibe about his whole Career.

#327 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

Yes, but his last race was amazing..:P

#328 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

I can't say it is a massive shock BMW are quitting - they just haven't achieved anything like what they wanted to and if they have no confidence in pushing forward next season then at times like this I guess the cost just seems unnecessary. Certainly interesting times in F1 at the moment though.

#329 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Colajanni form ferrari said its impossible to give massa's seat to alonso for the incoming valencia GP, but give a read at this:
http://www.autoevolu...encia-9212.html

#330 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Schumacher would consider returning for Ferrari

Its official now...Schumacher is having some medichal tests to evaluate his return soonish at Valencia. :thumbsup:

Edited by jaydee, 29 July 2009 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users