very snazzy indeedy!!! :w00t:

#122 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:05 PM

Well its looking really snazzy now, i've made a lid for it and mounted everything in properly.

Here's a few pics, i ran out of black paint so had to use some silver to do the chassis but will probs re-spray it all in satin black when i get chance.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#123 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

Here's a couple more pics in the dash, need to move a few things so that i can get it further back and lower down in the dash so that i could even have a bit of a glove box.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#124 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

wowzers, that looks so much better with that case in black, all fits in very snug indeed!!! :w00t:

how do these computers work without a screen like podcakes?

:huh:

#125 minimanshane

minimanshane

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

Woooooo philster that looks sweet great job!!!!

#126 Will

Will

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

That looks amazing... you thought about gettin a lilliput touchscreen instead of the keypad ?

#127 MINI7

MINI7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

when is the step by step guide going in the FAQ section Nice toy :w00t: :huh: :huh: :cheese:

#128 minimanshane

minimanshane

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:51 PM

Yea i was thinking about that aswel when are we gonna do a step by step guide.
Like giving people info on what they need to build a computer. What way you wire it up how to build cases etc.

#129 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

I'm doing one for another forum at the moment, i could do it if someone wants to add bits etc i'd be happy to e:mail it and do it between a few of us.

#130 Podcake

Podcake

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

ok 2 things:
I will help u but I cant atm ( RE: how to build a PC)

and 2ndly yes, my mp3 player runs in my car while i am driving ( that was the point of building it) - do bear in mind that i am drawing like 90watts and my inverter can handly 500 so it wont over heat and the pc psu will handle the extra power ( they have active PFC)

PoD

#131 nag1_uk

nag1_uk

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:32 AM

My screen arrived yesterday! :lol:

I have not got the pc bits yet of what is going in the car but I set it up on the laptop and its great! THe only prob thet I had was that when I plug the usb GPS unit in as well as the usb touchscreen they seemed to conflict. In that the mouse would jitter everywhere!

Hopefully this will not be a problem on the actual pc as it uses usb 2 thus a different controller etc. I can only hope any way!

Looking at this motherboard at the min.
http://www.ebuyer.co...oduct_uid=46609

Is this to big for a small power supply???
I have this one:
http://linitx.com/pr...products_id=598

Thax for the info.

Mike

#132 minimanshane

minimanshane

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hey philster could you add the address of the site that you are making the step by step guide for to let us see what it would involve?

#133 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:35 PM

My screen arrived yesterday! :lol:

I have not got the pc bits yet of what is going in the car but I set it up on the laptop and its great! THe only prob thet I had was that when I plug the usb GPS unit in as well as the usb touchscreen they seemed to conflict. In that the mouse would jitter everywhere!

Hopefully this will not be a problem on the actual pc as it uses usb 2 thus a different controller etc. I can only hope any way!

Looking at this motherboard at the min.
http://www.ebuyer.co...oduct_uid=46609

Is this to big for a small power supply???
I have this one:
http://linitx.com/pr...products_id=598

Thax for the info.

Mike

That psu hasn't a hope in hell of powering that board, most pc's now come with a 350watt minimum psu although it doesn't use all of that to power the board it will really struggle with that psu, remember you've still got to get a processor for that board as well so it will probably be as cheap to get a proper itx board.

Try this its a via epia m/board with built in 800mhz processor, sound, tv-out etc etc.

Epia m/b

#134 narayan

narayan

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

sweet install. ive look into this quite alot in the last few months. if u have a look around the www.mp3car.com forums there is loads of helpful information on there about all aspects of a car pc

#135 nag1_uk

nag1_uk

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:46 PM

That does look good, only I need usb2 and I do not want to sacrifice the one and only pci!
Might have to get a VIA EPIA Nehemiah M10000 LVDS - 1Ghz from http://www.mini-itx....tore/?c=2#p1601 its a bit more cash but if its needed!

actually is that the same board as http://www.itx-wareh...px?ProductID=36 I am not sure !

Mike

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users