11 replies to this topic

#1 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

im at the stage now during my pro-mo build where im thinking of filtration and rejeting the r1 carbs so ...
those of you who are also on carbs ,what have you all done regarding jetting?
anyone using the tts re-jet kit?
any advice?
thanks

#2 mrslaphead

mrslaphead

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 08 November 2008 - 01:24 AM

Most of the bikes Ive owned I have put Dynojet kits on.
I havent had a bike since 2001 due to an accident but Im sure they still exist.
Pick up a copy of fastbikes/superbike/performance bikes .Im sure there will be some more up to date products in there.
If TTS is the place nr Silverstone then I can recommend them. When I was tuning an ex race 600 I was in and out of there quite a bit
mainly for different size jets to match whichever exhaust was on the bike .
I can remember something called a powercommander being developed but that might just be for inj engines.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

#3 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

im at the stage now during my pro-mo build where im thinking of filtration and rejeting the r1 carbs so ...
those of you who are also on carbs ,what have you all done regarding jetting?
anyone using the tts re-jet kit?
any advice?
thanks

Hello,
First post so bear with me.

Mine has the jets drilled out to 2mm but as far as im aware everything else is as standard.

I contacted dynojet and gave them my specs again as per the pro-motive instalation with k and n and maniflow system they fitted for me. dynojet told me that there kits would not really help and I would lose out on performance top end if i wanted to stop the flat spot i get below 4000 rpm.
I sent there e mail to Phil at pro mo and he was as surprised as I was.
My car is perfectly drivable and ive been told it revs really well. I did hear that the red car was on the rolling rd at gaydon and was found to run better with the jets drilled out to 1.6mm but dont take my word for that as I cant remember who it was who told me.

Please let me know if you come across a solution or a good jet kit as its one thing I would like to improve on.

Your car looks really nice by the way, looks like you have the same brakes that im running.

#4 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

1.6mm in standard carbs, will do the trick

#5 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

yeah i spoke to phill on the matter some time ago.he suggested 2mm drilled jets
anyway i bought a re-jet kit from tts as its been developed from many hours on an actual dyno apparently and designed for use with a proper aftermarket air filter for kit car applications running an r1 .
according to various sources the tts kit is the dogs and a guy i spoke to using the kit reckoned his fuelling was 99% accurate when using a pipercross mushroom style filter
anyhow in the kit are new alloy needles, 3 sets of jets ranging from 140 to 150 and some putty which is used to block a specific set of holes in the carbs
personally i feel 2mm may be a little on the large side
either way ill sort it !!

Edited by YIANO, 16 November 2008 - 02:07 PM.

#6 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

Let me know how well it goes.

yeah i spoke to phill on the matter some time ago.he suggested 2mm drilled jets
anyway i bought a re-jet kit from tts as its been developed from many hours on an actual dyno apparently and designed for use with a proper aftermarket air filter for kit car applications running an r1 .
according to various sources the tts kit is the dogs and a guy i spoke to using the kit reckoned his fuelling was 99% accurate when using a pipercross mushroom style filter
anyhow in the kit are new alloy needles, 3 sets of jets ranging from 140 to 150 and some putty which is used to block a specific set of holes in the carbs
personally i feel 2mm may be a little on the large side
either way ill sort it !!

#7 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

Steve, we started off with your jets at 2mm (as my orignal car was run) but reduced them before you had it. Yours are now at 1.8mm If I remember rightly. Pauls (the red 1) was ran up on smmc's rolling road and ended up at 1.6mm. When I get my carbed car on the road I'll try 1.7mm out of interest and we think it could still be better.
We'll get there in the end :D)

I'll be very interested to see how the tts kit goes.

Darren

#8 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the info. Maybe thats why mine seems to be better than other people I have spoke to who have built there own. We can only improve by trial and error between us eh?
Can I ask how come you have gone back to carbs after your injection one?
Can you let Phil know Ive posted the bits back to him today.
Many thanks

Steve, we started off with your jets at 2mm (as my orignal car was run) but reduced them before you had it. Yours are now at 1.8mm If I remember rightly. Pauls (the red 1) was ran up on smmc's rolling road and ended up at 1.6mm. When I get my carbed car on the road I'll try 1.7mm out of interest and we think it could still be better.
We'll get there in the end :D)

I'll be very interested to see how the tts kit goes.

Darren

#9 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

just because i have the engine out of the very first 1 i built lying around and need a winter friendly car to test the new reverse gear on.
My bright yellow 1 is now for sale and off the road for the winter.

i'm sure we will sort it, i plan to take advantage of running my own carbed 1 to have a play around with set-up.

ok will do thanks steve.

Darren

#10 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

Mine was setup by TTS. I took the dynojet kit that was provided by Z cars but they told me it was a pile of junk and fitted their own kit. Car now runs superbly and much more power than standard R1. I would definitely recommend them. :)

#11 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

ok ive whipped the carbs off for rejetting using my tts kit (pics soon)
heres a link to a pdf strip down for r1 carbs for those who need to familiarise themselves with all the components
http://www.totalvaux...tting_guide_pdf
just right click and save as to download from the totalvauxhall website
hope it may help someone

#12 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

ive done a how 2 but unfortunately the mini forum will not let me upload anymore stuff as im over the limit
but heres whats interesting, the standard yamaha needles have a range of adjustment via 5 grooves on the needle body and a circlip retainer so by moving the circlip and the shims up or down, the needles position within the jet can be altered for fine tuning
hence as the standard needles are preset on groove 4 ,if you were to find you were running too rich ,then by moving the circlip retainer up a groove or 2 you would be lowering the needle in to the main jet and weakening the mixture
this may be of some use to those people who have overfueling flat spots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users