#1 reggie

reggie

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi All,

I have recently got the bug to restore a Mini, I have owned a new Mini before but have always wanted to restore a classic. The time has come where I am ready to take the leap...

Anyway, I have bid and won on a Mini 1979 - 1000 and it seems dodgy....

1 - The seller says it's a mayfair in the advert text but in actual fact Mayfairs weren't made in 1979, the spec though says it's a 1000
2 - The registration plate on the car: I have done a free check on it and apparently it is supposed to be a 1000 and it's Red. it's BLACK in the photo.
3 - The seller says they have no log book and the car has not been on the road for a couple of years. However they say the DVLA will issue another at a cost ( via a V62).

It certainly ssems it is dodgy, but is there any way I can proceed but protect myself, I have not parted with any money yet... I understand I can get a new log book from the DVLA, but the colour of the vehicle is different to what shows on the database..? Will the dvla reject my request for a log book, maybe the colour has been changed? I really want the car because it is a bargain and think I could do a good job on it. But at the same time I don't want it taken away from me, and I also want to be able to put it back on the road eventually, but most of all I don't want to go out and sepnd hundreds of pounds getting it back on the road only to have it removed from my posession... I' ve read that so long as I get a comprehensive receipt from the seller I should be ok. But what if the plates are from a different car, is it stolen?

Any advice will be appreciated...

Cheers
Reggie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users