#16 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

Sorry we didn't make it over to Porthleven Ash, we only just made it out of St Ives......it was like groundhog day!!!

Thanks all for a lovely day out......especially Tracy for the giggles and the diversion on the way home!! :dontgetit:

#17 BLKcooper

BLKcooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart mini club

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for letting me come on the run today guys :dontgetit:

i promise my mini will be back soon!

Only just made it through those streets in my Pug tho :S

Gonna go up to the garage tomorrow and demand my mini back lol

#18 AshW

AshW

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart mini club

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:50 AM

Sorry we didn't make it over to Porthleven Ash, we only just made it out of St Ives......it was like groundhog day!!!

Thanks all for a lovely day out......especially Tracy for the giggles and the diversion on the way home!! :dontgetit:

No worries, mum was really ill, it was probably best i stayed home just in case she wanted anything anyway,

Glad you all had a good time.

ash, :D

#19 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

No worries, mum was really ill, it was probably best i stayed home just in case she wanted anything anyway,

Glad you all had a good time.

ash, :)

i had a great day out with everyone :thumbsup:
was laughing too much though and my insides hurt,
glad you enjoyed the scenic route tam :) :) kev said i cant find my way out of newquay never trust me for directions :D mr dougal enjoyed watching all the minis go past on the a30 wondering where we were :blink:
and thanks jean and malc for the pasty :thumbsup: i forgot to mention i had mcdonalds before we met :P
and with the kfc that finished me off, hope you all enjoyed your cake :thumbsup:

#20 Copper Knob

Copper Knob

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstar Mini Club

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

Just been nosing around Mini forums and came across SW minis site. ;D What a bunch of T :P

Because you lot went to St. Ives on Sunday, you are now stalking them. >_<

PS Have you moved our monthly meet from the first Sunday of the month or what.

#21 Bigideas

Bigideas

The Oldest Swinger In Town

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Just been nosing around Mini forums and came across SW minis site. :angel: What a bunch of T :xxx:

Because you lot went to St. Ives on Sunday, you are now stalking them. :crazy:

PS Have you moved our monthly meet from the first Sunday of the month or what.

Hi Rob

;D Just had a look :P What Morons. It must be nice to be so far up your own backside. >_<

And no we still hold our monthly meetings at the Slades Inn the first Sunday of the month. A few of went to for a drink after the run on Sunday at Fradon the same place sw mini were meeting. Even though on the forum sw minis said it was meeting at the Plume of Feathers :thumbsup:

#22 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:47 AM

Ok i know miniT has sorted this out with southwestminis so i wont go into it to much.
the topic on their forum has been deleted now,
can i just say bumpstart has been running now for i think 8 years >_<
they have probably covered most of cornwall 10 times over, including, treasure hunts, runs out , fancy dress, christmas meals, night runs ect...
so anything other clubs are doing they have probably already covered it,
one of our members who doesnt even have internet access suggested we go out for a run at ST,Ives , then at 5pm it was decided to have cake at fraddon because it was a central point for all of us on the way home
never did we think this spare of the moment decision would cause such controvesy and 3 pages of public slagging and for them to contact the admin of TMF!!!
there really is no need for this , at the end of the day we are all here for the same thing
OUR LOVE OF MINIS and making new friends.

Edited by dougal, 20 November 2008 - 08:48 AM.

#23 miniT

miniT

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

Chill guys.......

.....Yes it was irritating, Mrs Dougal nows exactly how cheesed i was!!

But its all ok, the slight misunderstanding has all been resolved! The head of South West Minis and i have nattered over it and came to the conclusion there'd been a misunderstanding and that was that. All is good in the land of minis driving around Cornwall!!

Mr SWminis is a decent chap, we've met him afterall, he and his fellow club members have minis, we have minis.....whats to moan about!!

End of. >_<

#24 South West Minis

South West Minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: South West Mini's

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:56 PM

Sorry Bumpstarts
I had a chat with Tamsyn from Bumpstarts last night on Facebook and I have to say a BIG SORRY to Bumpstarts for getting the wrong end of the stick over Sundays Runs.

I appear to be missing something.....have i upset you in some way?

There really is no need for the bitchyness, we've been there done that with CMC anyhow!!

Maybe you'd like to call me or Jean the founder member of Bumpstart since 2000 to talk it over.

Cheers Tamsyn. South West Minis

19 November at 17:27
I'm sorry people feel that way about us that we have made it clear that anyone can join our runs, we have a open forum and advertise our runs a month in advance here and on TMF. We have made no attempt to steal members from any other local club and they have join us because they like what we do.

All we'd like is everyone to get on and not be embarrest to have joint club runs as everyone know we had already planned and advertised they run over a month ago. We had two other clubs with us that day (South Devon MC and Mini Foresters from the Forest of Dean) so we are happy to have anyone along.

We have members that have join us from CMC and MiniDJ just turns up on the day. We all love one car, so why can't we enjoy it together?

I'm sorry if I came over all big headed, just a little confused why two clubs did the samething when we all could have enjoyed the day together!!! We're not a bad bunch, really......

Martin Tamsyn Cleave

19 November at 20:53
Well i totally agree about we're all into the same thing so its daft to get silly over anything.

I was annoyed after it was brought to my attention that you had a thread on your forum about us "copying" you. You said it yourself though your runs are publicly posted on TMF etc as are ours.
To be honest i didn't know you were out and about in the same direction as we were heading, it was only decided at the meeting the previous week that we'd head down that way as a new member and an old member thats re-joined with a new mini lives down that end of the county and we thought'd be fun to go .....we stopped at Fraddon on the way home purely for cake and pudding as we had KFC in Penzance on the way home!!! We love eating you see!!

I have no issue with any club or having joint efforts on runs etc. We're not worried about you stealing members nor do we want to poach yours, everyones happy with the family they've settled into, and i know from yapping to you in the past that you're a decent person and love minis.

I think this is where any conflict should end and i thank you for replying to my message and setting things straight.

Hope we can still be friends i'd hate to think of people thinking or saying bad things about myself or Bumpstart as they're all lovely friendly people who have super dooper minis!!

Speak soon Tamsyn >_<

South West Minis

19 November at 21:10
Thanks for understanding the misunderstanding.

Like you say, been there, done that.

That is why we have freely invited every man and his dog to join us when they can.

Cheers

Martin

Tamsyn Cleave

19 November at 21:13
Hoorah! Friends again
:D

Just hoping that South West Minis and Bumpstarts can become friends,even if we have a huge bridge to build to get there.

Edited by South West Minis, 21 November 2008 - 06:43 AM.

#25 miniT

miniT

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:00 PM

Cheers Martin, appreciate you posting this, lets everyone see how it got sorted and that it is sorted!!

#26 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

yes thanks for that
although i will tell you the reason why bumpstart dont join in with too many other runs
my opinion only!!!
we are never on time for anything and the run out often changes as we go along!! >_< :D

#27 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

oh and i forgot the excessive food stops >_<

#28 South West Minis

South West Minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: South West Mini's

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

And you'll see on our forum I'm getting it ripped out of me because I took a wrong turning on Sunday and lead 11 Mini's down a lane that after a mile ended in someones garden out the back of St.Just. A dead end that you could just about park 4 cars in, lets just say it was a good job they were out. I can just imagine their reaction if they saw a convoy of Mini's coming up the driveway.

My bad again >_<

Edited by South West Minis, 20 November 2008 - 07:16 PM.

#29 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

well we went around st ives town 3 times because our navigator kept taking the wrong road, people were sick of us in the end >_< :D

#30 janner

janner

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Cheers Martin, appreciate you posting this, lets everyone see how it got sorted and that it is sorted!!

Whats going on?? What have i missed? Why wasn't Joe and I informed ? We could have smoothed things over a bit!!!!!. BRING IT ON IF YOU THINK YOU'RE HARD ENOUGH -- Mini T is scared of no-one - Go for it T - Dont take any prisoners !!! Me and Mini Joe are right behind you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users