2 replies to this topic

#1 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

Been ringing around a couple of the insurers (well brokers) mentioned on here that a lot seem to use for quotes on my currently standard 1275 GT;

Broker a) - all the details and that'll be £195, very nice lady as well. Little bit pricey I thought, so delved in and asked for the quote to be emailed to me, found out that;

a) it included £45 for in effect AA cover
b) included a £15ish fee for road rage cover!
c) included a £25 fee for.......well the Christmas Party I guess as it was just "FEE"!

So really it was £110

Very sneaky I thought, also a few pages into all the gumph it list the fee's

Cancellaton £25
Renewal £25
any changes £25
etc £25
etc £10

was I born yesterday.........

So onto broker b) - all the exact same details and that'll be £107, asked all the details of insurer etc and it was exactly the same policy, excess and insurer as Broker b! (Equity Red Star Classic Car Policy)

Now i'll now own up to having worked in insurance for nearly 20 years, I always defended my corner - but that's indefensible! Broker a) managed to make a £110 premium £195!!

Never thought i'd say it, but check your small print boys and girls.

Added to that, just to annoy me, Broker A) rings me about every hour to see if I want the policy! I'll answer at some point and tell him i've been quoted £85 elsewhere and see what they say!

#2 sprintmini

sprintmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

The problem with these internet quote machines is they may give you a base quote for a modern which is nothing like the cover you need for a classic.
Best to phone round and check what you want covered is covered.

#3 andybmini

andybmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

The problem with these internet quote machines is they may give you a base quote for a modern which is nothing like the cover you need for a classic.
Best to phone round and check what you want covered is covered.

Thats what I did, ring them up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users