Mini_Doll

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:22 AM

Hi,
got a 1996 Mini equinox spi 1.3
The alarm was working fine, it is the original rover alarm, with 2 buttons on the fob, which operated the alarm, and the immobiliser. When I first got the mini, i would press the button to turn it on, and the red light on the dash would flicker. If i then opened the door the alarm would sound. I then would turn it off and was all fine. Before starting the engine, if the red light was on the dash, i would press the off button then start the car.

A few days ago I locked the car, pressed the button to alarm the car, and the dash button was a solid red light. I opened the doors, and the alarm didn't sound. I then went to start the car, without turning the light off, and that sounded the alarm, but it doesn't seem like opening the doors no longer sound the alarm.

I have disconnected the battery and left it for a minute or so, just incase that maybes sorted it out, but still the same problem. I have looked in the handbook and it says it may be the bonnet, but the light would just not come on for 15 seconds, but mine comes on straight away, but as I said, its a solid light.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tommy

#2 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

Is your courtesy light working?????

Rob

#3 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Have you tried changing the battery in the key fob? they do all manner of strange things when the batterys low.

#4 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:34 PM

Change the fob battery & then reset it by pressing the lock button at least 4 times in succession.

#5 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

Prob just a sticky door switch,like dave rob says is your courtsey light working?remove the switch and give it a clean put it back with a new screw and a bit of grease.May as well do the other three (door bonnet and boot) while you at it.

#6 Mini_Doll

Mini_Doll

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

Well the courtesy light isnt working, only if I manually switch it on, but that wasn't working before the alarm went off.

I will change the key fob battery. Now is the boot to have a door switch? it looked like theres a place its meant to go, but nothings there. Its right of the center at the top once ive opened the boot looks like theres a empty slot for one.

Also I noticed the other day when lubricating the clutch components because the pedal was sticking bad, from the bonnet switch, the wire seems not to be connected. Does anyone have a picture showing the boot switch and the bonnet one, showing what wire is connected to it, because ive found a loose wire near by, with no connection on the end, and Im guesing thats the one.

Thanks
Tommy

#7 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

The clue is in my last post,the door switch's are not working properly changing the fob batterys is unlikley to help CLEAN THE SWITCHS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users