40 replies to this topic

#31 Yams

Yams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

I think we should all speculate as to how Jules got banned. What infamy was afoot?

#32 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

I think we should all speculate as to how Jules got banned. What infamy was afoot?

He went away from the Red/White, 4.5" wheels, jacked up suspension and a massively boring mild cam that some tmf'ers insist on ;)

lol

#33 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Nah, we just pick a letter and decide to ban people based on their name starting with that letter.

It was obviously just a J day. :thumbsup:

#34 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

I remember that there was someone on the team who just lost interest (might have been Jules), stepped down and wanted their account closing//deleting/banning.  Not sure if it was Jules or not as I can't remember the full details, but it was about that time.

#35 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

He went away from the Red/White, 4.5" wheels, jacked up suspension and a massively boring mild cam that some tmf'ers insist on ;)
lol

Nah, we just pick a letter and decide to ban people based on their name starting with that letter.

It was obviously just a J day. :thumbsup:

Isn't today an M day?

#36 Louis98Rose

Louis98Rose

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hi i need some advice

im 16 and have bought a 1985 mini mayfair for my first car and I'm sure you'll agree a minis a great choice but as my grandfather will be carrying out the restoration, as it was bought as a project, we keep disagreeing on things. so we've got to the stage where the engine purrs but we are in two different mind sets whether to keep the car original-which means having to stick to the horrible cream and brown interior or changing it up and making it my own like all minis owners normally do. I'm not sure whether i will sell it in the future so which one will make it more valuable. 

#37 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Generally original will be more valuable compared to the cost input. To keep it original costs nothing, to modify it costs money and you are unlikely to see much of that back. But modifying is part of the fun of mini ownership and I have never left a mini standard. If the mods are sensible then they will make the car more desirable but paint the car pink with a yellow interior and it may be hard to sell!

#38 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hi i need some advice

im 16 and have bought a 1985 mini mayfair for my first car and I'm sure you'll agree a minis a great choice but as my grandfather will be carrying out the restoration, as it was bought as a project, we keep disagreeing on things. so we've got to the stage where the engine purrs but we are in two different mind sets whether to keep the car original-which means having to stick to the horrible cream and brown interior or changing it up and making it my own like all minis owners normally do. I'm not sure whether i will sell it in the future so which one will make it more valuable. 

You may find a standard car a lot cheaper to insure when you're young.

#39 Yams

Yams

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hi i need some advice

In my opinion If you do modify it then go for period modifications, remember it's a classic.

If i were you i'd look at some of the Japanese minis. They seem to modify them 1000 times better than us Brits. There seems to be a far lower number of Kawasaki Green minis over there than there is here.

#40 Louis98Rose

Louis98Rose

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Generally original will be more valuable compared to the cost input. To keep it original costs nothing, to modify it costs money and you are unlikely to see much of that back. But modifying is part of the fun of mini ownership and I have never left a mini standard. If the mods are sensible then they will make the car more desirable but paint the car pink with a yellow interior and it may be hard to sell!

hmm i wouldn't want to modify the engine its just like little things like the interior maybe bucket seats-centre exhaust-im limited to what i can modify because i want to keep the insurance low

out of interest do you know how much it will be roughly 

#41 Louis98Rose

Louis98Rose

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hi i need some advice

In my opinion If you do modify it then go for period modifications, remember it's a classic.

If i were you i'd look at some of the Japanese minis. They seem to modify them 1000 times better than us Brits. There seems to be a far lower number of Kawasaki Green minis over there than there is here.

i think the best route is maybe join a club, go to mini meets and get some ideas what i want to do with it 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users