cheers

#2 MGMT

MGMT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Just drill a hole in the 'rear bench' put in a stress plate and screw in your harness - easy! or even easier just bolt into the existion seat belt holes :D

#3 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

you got a couple of ways of doin it, you can attatch them to the rollcage bar, and then bolt them into the seatbelt points on the front, or if you got 4 point harnesses just use the 2 seatbelt points in the back and the 2 in the front! personal preference, but i did mine the second way!

edit: i duno how it stands with the rollcage in, but when i put my harness in, i only have one for the driver, i took the rear seatbelt out behind the drivers seat, and just left the one static seatbelt in behind the passenger seat, and i was told that i had to have 2 static seatbelts in the back still, or one inersa rear seatbelt, so it failed, along with a few other things mind lol

Edited by The_Mistro, 23 November 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#4 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

Depending on yourseat - you will often find that the seat belt holes on at the base of the rear bulkhead will not be suitable..

the rear straps need to be as close to 90 degs to the back of the seat as possible... and certainly not less than 45 degrees..

using the rear seatbelt holes on at the back of the bulkhead often means the angle is less than 45 degs = not good.

(the chance of the seat back breaking is increased the sharper the angle of the rear harness straps are)

MOT wont pick up on this by the way...

hth,
Dave

#5 miniclubmaan

miniclubmaan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Local Club: norfolks mini club soon

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

answering all your questions in one lol

i dont have any rear seat belts in mine there is no mounts to have rear seat belts , and it passed mot with out them .
ive got cobra clubman bucket seats
secron 4 point harness
i can see where i can bolt the front to so thats fine , and only way i can do it to roll cage is if i buy one them harnes bar bits which i cant afford so i dont think il be doing that .

ive seen on another post about doing this and someone fixed some plates to where the back seats are like inbetween were the top and bottom seat meet on the back bit , i think that would probaly be 45 ' though so would it be better to mount them a bit higher because 90' would be them going straight from the seat dont think i could do that wouldnt be no where good for fixing .
so could i mount them at like 65' 75' would that be ok ??

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users