4 replies to this topic

#1 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

Ok well i have two eaton superchargers, one has matt black rotors and one has smooth silver rotors.

The one with silver rotors is from a 2002 Bini according to the sticker and the matt black one is from a 2004 Bini.

So im guessing the one with matt black rotors is best? but can somone confirm this as i want to start modifiying it so i can fit it to my engine.

#2 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

If I remember correctly the newer ones were teflon coated (hence being black) I can't remember why they changed them but i'll try to find out for you.

#3 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

Ok here goes,

The teflon coating acts as a sacrificial layer so when the charger is at its hottest temp the teflon will have eroded away against the casting of the charger creating a better seal. This in turn makes the charger more efficient and according to people on Mini2 gives the charger an increase of around 0.1 bar in pressure. Also it can handle hotter temperatures.

#4 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

Cheers :dontgetit:

Looks like ill be using the teflon coated charger then. Ill start working on it now :genius:

#5 guywithvan

guywithvan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: MedwayMiniClub

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Cheers >_<

Looks like ill be using the teflon coated charger then. Ill start working on it now >_<

that'll be the one i sold you right? >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users