19 replies to this topic

#16 Danuneek

Danuneek

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

Well, I've sorted it. I cleaned all the connectors and soldered a broken earth wire back together and it works. Though, i did realize that there was a problem with high beam, the spots came on but the headlights went to parking lights (smaller bulbs). After some trial and error, got it working. The spots and headlights are working together for high beam. Though this has opened a new but smaller problem, the blue high beam light on the speedo isn't working. Any further ideas?

Thanks guys.

#17 L400RAS

L400RAS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Local Club: Lincolnshire Mini Owners Club

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

Hi Danuneek,

glad to hear you have fixed the main problem with the lights. Regarding the blue high beam warning light in the fuel/ temp gauge - did this bulb ever work, or is this a new problem which started wih the original headlight problem? If this has never worked, or not worked for a while, could it be the bulb has blown perhaps?

Edited by L400RAS, 25 November 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#18 Hughes

Hughes

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:58 PM

Though, i did realize that there was a problem with high beam, the spots came on but the headlights went to parking lights (smaller bulbs).

I have this problem! Except when the spots come on only one of the headlights goes dim. :)

#19 Danuneek

Danuneek

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

[quote name='L400RAS' date='Nov 25 2008, 06:58 PM' post='1232080']
Hi Danuneek,

glad to hear you have fixed the main problem with the lights. Regarding the blue high beam warning light in the fuel/ temp gauge - did this bulb ever work, or is this a new problem which started wih the original headlight problem? If this has never worked, or not worked for a while, could it be the bulb has blown perhaps?
[/quote

It worked before as i've recently converted my dash to a center pod type so replaced all the bulbs accordingly. Its a strange one, because by fixing the major problem on the lights i've seemed to have caused another but less major issue. I did have the lights on when I was getting them sorted correctly, perhaps i've blown the bulb. I'm gonna leave it for now, but it will no doubt bug me in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Danuneek, 25 November 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#20 MiniMonty

MiniMonty

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

Best to sort it sooner rather than later - no "tell tale" light is an MOT failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users