7 replies to this topic

#1 zebidee

zebidee

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

Ive got a 1275 carb engine, pretty standard, with an LCB manifold. At the moment it has a 2'' sportex exhaust, anyone know how much bhp this is losing me over a 1 3/4''? I wanted to change it to a standard bore maniflow, but since a 2'' link pipe fits straight on the y-piece, would just the y-piece need changing or would i need to change the whole manifold?

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:32 PM

Is the LCB and Y piece also Maniflow products?

I doubt you'd have to change the whole manifold and chances are the 1 3/4'' exhaust pipe will fit inside the Y piece as opposed to around it?

I'd imagine you'd have to get it on the rollers to compare performance, but 2" is too large a bore for a standard 1275.

#3 kitroxin

kitroxin

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Local Club: Celtic Minis

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Is the LCB and Y piece also Maniflow products?

I doubt you'd have to change the whole manifold and chances are the 1 3/4'' exhaust pipe will fit inside the Y piece as opposed to around it?

I'd imagine you'd have to get it on the rollers to compare performance, but 2" is too large a bore for a standard 1275.

what about a 1275 with a stage 3 head?

#4 philc

philc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

you may find having a larger bore exhaust you will loose torque at low end and top end, I have since changed mine to 1 3/4 and has made a huge difference in pick up and top end

#5 zebidee

zebidee

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:05 AM

I cant tell if it is maniflow manifold or y-piece, they were originally fitted to the car and are looking pretty rough now! PhilC, did you just pop the new system straight on the y-piece you had?

#6 philc

philc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

I cant tell if it is maniflow manifold or y-piece, they were originally fitted to the car and are looking pretty rough now! PhilC, did you just pop the new system straight on the y-piece you had?

yep,your 2" centre pipe fits over the piece as the 1 3/4 fit in the y piece, buy a maniflow or rc40, if you want a lcb manifold try millenium, i have watched a few bench tests and this came out top.

#7 zebidee

zebidee

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

yep,your 2" centre pipe fits over the piece as the 1 3/4 fit in the y piece, buy a maniflow or rc40, if you want a lcb manifold try millenium, i have watched a few bench tests and this came out top.

Thanks for the help bud ;)

#8 Pauly

Pauly

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  • Local Club: Just 4 Fun Minis!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Sorry to hijack but is the LCB the same bore as a freeflow manifold?

Also I thought 1" 7/8 where a good bore for 1275's?

Paul.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users