Photo
- - - - -

1275 Injection - What Should I Be Looking For?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 rozzer1275

rozzer1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Local Club: ah

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

Forgive me if I dont know how to work this "quote" thing lol

You said about using a modded ECU what exactly do you mean, has it been remapped?

No ... its a standard Rover MEMS ECU.....its just not the Mini one.... the single plug loom fits pin for pin compatable to the Rover 16 valve METRO GTa ecu.... this ECU is mapped for the original cars 106 BHP and a bit more and takes all the same sensor inputs. When I get this thing on the rollers Im going to compare the performance of the std Cooper ECU to this one.

274 cam how are you going to deal with the vacuum, the lower vacuum may give problems with emmisions at idle.
you can dampend the vacum pulsing with a small vessel the injection vapour trap helps.

See Sprokets reply above..... by the way all kudos to Sproket for his help and advice during my rebuild

I did alter fuel pressure by shimming the standard fuel pressure regulator.

I do anticipate presure regulator changes

I tried porting the SPi inlet manifold and found that removing the lugs gave fueling problems between the inner and outer cylinders.

This is always going to be an issue with siamese inlet ports .... this charge robbing effect is well detailed in Vizards bible....

I also reshaped the throtal body to inlet plastic spacer and reshaped the butterfly shaft.

The butterfly shaft is also well detailed in the "bible".... Ill be reboreing the TB and doing the reshape on the shaft

As to the "sucking eggs" thing......... Im here to be educated lol.... open discussion and information sharing is a sure fire route to advancements in knowledge... their are always experts who say "everyone knows that".... Its the engineering pioneers that make sure everyone knows what everyone else does.........

Thanks

Rob :P

I see 2 ECUs 2 sets of maps to try then increase/decrease fuel maps with injetor sizes/fuel pressure, and move ignition map by moving CAS. as you would with most injection cars, people seam reluctent to do it too minis.
sounds like fun, i will keep an eye on your thread and see how you get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users