Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D :) :lol:

#182 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

Dilly will rock again Dave, you knows it!

I gotta say, I love her! She was probably one of my favourite vehicles there. :thumbsup:

I appreciate your kind words matt ;)

I told you it'd work out. Expensive-ish.. but worth it.

Picked up a freelander 1.8k 41,000 miles @ £350 delivered.

MGF TF quick rack @ £42 delivered . brings it down from 3.6 to 2.8 turns lock to lock

Rover metro 1.1 R65 Gearbox @ £50 delivered. 3.5:1FD instead of 4.2:1FD... no more 70@4100rpm!!

So far its worked out nicely. Im still carless. but at this rate, she'll be ready again in the next week or so.

Good to hear your getting it sorted mate, i had all my k-series bits delivered the other day ;), Now iv got it i want to stick it all in my green mini before i finish the minus, lol so might start that in a month or two, depending if i have sorted all the parts.

I think i have most the bits, but its just bits like a clutch, engine mounts, etc.. so just silly little bits.

Have you got a calculator to work out a rough rpm for different speeds because iv got a R65 box with the 3.5:1FD in it, so would be good to see what the difference is like between my 10s and what it would be like if i stick on my spare 13s...

I just got the 1.6, but im sure there will be a 1.8 at some point when iv got the money spare lol.

#183 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Dilly will rock again Dave, you knows it!

I gotta say, I love her! She was probably one of my favourite vehicles there. :thumbsup:

I appreciate your kind words matt ;)

I told you it'd work out. Expensive-ish.. but worth it.

Picked up a freelander 1.8k 41,000 miles @ £350 delivered.

MGF TF quick rack @ £42 delivered . brings it down from 3.6 to 2.8 turns lock to lock

Rover metro 1.1 R65 Gearbox @ £50 delivered. 3.5:1FD instead of 4.2:1FD... no more 70@4100rpm!!

So far its worked out nicely. Im still carless. but at this rate, she'll be ready again in the next week or so.

Good to hear your getting it sorted mate, i had all my k-series bits delivered the other day ;), Now iv got it i want to stick it all in my green mini before i finish the minus, lol so might start that in a month or two, depending if i have sorted all the parts.

I think i have most the bits, but its just bits like a clutch, engine mounts, etc.. so just silly little bits.

Have you got a calculator to work out a rough rpm for different speeds because iv got a R65 box with the 3.5:1FD in it, so would be good to see what the difference is like between my 10s and what it would be like if i stick on my spare 13s...

I just got the 1.6, but im sure there will be a 1.8 at some point when iv got the money spare lol.

Tom, the 3.5 on 13's will give 66mph@3000rpm accoring to my calculations and 80mph@4000rpm (which is prove on 16v by a few people). not sure on 10's, but according to the calculator your prob looking around 67~70@4000rpm.. trust me. it sucks!

You could use the 3.5FD with a diesel gearset, apparantly it fits and the ratios are alot taller.. or just use 13's for daily and 10's on track :)

http://www.car-video...;B1=Recalculate

#184 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Cheers mate, well ill try both 10s and 13s and see what i prefer, but 13s seem the way to go...

Thats links prety usefull ;) ill have a play round and see roughly what the engine will be doing at different speeds :thumbsup:

#185 JohnGordon

JohnGordon

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Local Club: N.W Mini's / O.D.M.C

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

Deposit is paid and application is in the post! whoo! :genius:

#186 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Deposit is paid and application is in the post! whoo! :genius:

It sure is! :thumbsup: We'll look forward to meeting you and your car John!

Over 20% of the places gone in less than 24 hours! :P

Bring on the trumpets BH2N Retro Run 2009!!!!

#187 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

Its got nothing to do with trumpets?! hehehehee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users