9 replies to this topic

#1 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

can anybody post a pic up which shows the engine breather connections as I'm having trouble in particular the two brass coloured metal pipes one on the left and one on the right of the bank of carbs on the 5jj engine also any other info on where stuff goes would be great
Thanks

#2 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

can anybody post a pic up which shows the engine breather connections as I'm having trouble in particular the two brass coloured metal pipes one on the left and one on the right of the bank of carbs on the 5jj engine also any other info on where stuff goes would be great
Thanks

pm alexcrosse - he'll know. ;D

#3 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

they dont go anywhere... there is a vacuum on the the block that needs blocking or attaching to scottoiler, a big breather on the gearbox which needs to go to atmosphere along with carb ones

Edited by alexcrosse, 17 December 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#4 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

thanks alex, to clarify ive uploaded a couple of pics, id appreciate it if someone could tell me if im right in venting these to atmosphere

1 left carb breather - vent to atmosphere
2 engine vacuum - block off
3 right carb breather - vent to atmosphere
4 unknown what is this ? - it has pipework with a t piece -what do i do here?

thanks !

#5 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

si correcto, your photo is so close of number 4 i have noooo idea what or where it is

#6 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Its sitting below number 4 carb and next to the starter motor any ideas ?

#7 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

I believe no4 is part of the AIS system but I'm not absolutely certain, I completly removed the AIS system on mine, the bolt to the right is the cam chain tensioner

Cheers
David

Edited by R1mini, 20 December 2008 - 02:06 PM.

#8 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

cheers david I'll leave the ais connected and reroute the breather

#9 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi, This is exactly what i've been looking for, but can someone please clear a couple of other things up- My engine breather is under the the middle of the carbs not on the end, is this significant? and if so does it still need blocking off? also, the pipe above number 3, mines dosen't have thast plastic bit on it? what is that for and what am I supposed to do with it?

there are also 3 pipes that are coming up the left hand side of the engine ( as if you were sitting on the bike ) i see one of them is attatched in picture 3, just to the right of the engine breather, where do the other two go? one has what looks like a built in filter of some sort? sorry for all the questions, I just don't know where i'm supposed to put everything!

thanks

Nick

Edited by preston-7, 12 May 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#10 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

I believe no4 is part of the AIS system but I'm not absolutely certain

Just to clear up, no4 is not the AIS system, the AIS is on the back of the engine directly above the oil filter, it has four pipes leading to each of the exhaust ports as below

Posted Image

As for no4 I'm sure thats the carb vent hose holder box as below, as R1mini said the cam chain tensioner attaches using the two holes on the furthest right

Posted Image

Carb vent hose with all the pipes attached

Posted Image

Sorry guys I'm not sure where the ends of the above hoses attach to, I didn't get a carb with mine and I got a load of bits in a separate box.

Hopefully the above might help a bit

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users