I'll pay ya later! :proud:

#62 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:30 AM

Pinkness? Fluffiness? Check out MiniAngels for that! They're ever so pink over there!

Well apart from the lack of pink and fluffiness, I like it here :proud:

#63 hammy

hammy

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:45 AM

yup tis a very good site. i've come here yesterday from Minifinity.... and this seem sto be the friendlisest... and often more helpful site.

problem with MF is that generally, you put a post up... lets say it's a tech question... and then you find that 3 other people will argue over who's got the right answer and it ends up as a compelte thread high jack... you just sit there waiting and garunteed someone will come along preaching each to their own etc etc amen... i'm fed up of it... but the time the peeps on MF have stopped throwing handbags i've done the job myself anyway.

rant over lol. anyway, thisi is a nice site, and even though it's still in developmetn... i'll be here a lot more often.

FORWARD THE REBELLION! :lol:

Or you put a post up.. "lets say" members websites http://www.minifinit...ewtopic&t=41774
and not only do you get encouraging support for you website, you get someone who offers to take the time to redesign it a little and make it look pretty all of their own back (so it now looks like this) http://www.freewebs.com/michael-jones/
now how nice is that of them to do such a good deed,

just goes to show their are two side to every story eh?

hammy

#64 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:12 PM

yup tis a very good site. i've come here yesterday from Minifinity.... and this seem sto be the friendlisest... and often more helpful site.

problem with MF is that generally, you put a post up... lets say it's a tech question... and then you find that 3 other people will argue over who's got the right answer and it ends up as a compelte thread high jack... you just sit there waiting and garunteed someone will come along preaching each to their own etc etc amen... i'm fed up of it... but the time the peeps on MF have stopped throwing handbags i've done the job myself anyway.

rant over lol. anyway, thisi is a nice site, and even though it's still in developmetn... i'll be here a lot more often.

FORWARD THE REBELLION! :lol:

Or you put a post up.. "lets say" members websites http://www.minifinit...ewtopic&t=41774
and not only do you get encouraging support for you website, you get someone who offers to take the time to redesign it a little and make it look pretty all of their own back (so it now looks like this) http://www.freewebs.com/michael-jones/
now how nice is that of them to do such a good deed,

just goes to show their are two side to every story eh?

hammy

As you say, Hammy, there's always two sides to every story. Thing is, MF and TMF are now two of the biggest sites for Minis on the 'Net... the down side of being so big is that not everyone will see eye to eye all the time. The up side is that there are two reasonably similar sites, so if someone has a problem with someone else on their preferred site, they can migrate to the other one for awhile to 'cool off'! I visit MF occasionally, and it's a good place. I 'live' here most of the time, but at least I can step to the 'other side' if I want a change!
We've had a lot of people from 'Finity sign on here lately, and they're more than welcome. Just like in past years, they'll probably stay here for awhile, for a change of scenery, then step back to MF. That's OK - as long as they can feel welcome here whenever they do stop by! Along the same lines, we've had members from TMF go over to MF. Speaking for myself, they're welcome back here as well. It's a neighbourly thing, methinks!
Life is too short, and keeping these cars on the road takes up too much of it, so we might as well put up with each other!

#65 TWICEmonkey

TWICEmonkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Local Club: A-Serious.com & TMF

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:26 PM

I have to say this site rocks like a monkey doing the cha-cha!

It's friendly, welcoming and well-managed.

Plus entertainment from the likes of jammy means I'll never want to leave. Never got that at Hubcap's(!)

#66 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:57 AM

A piece of cloth consists of warp and weft ... thread interwoven at right angles. That's what holds it together. Likewise, it's the differences that keep tmf strong. If we all thought the same the forum would fall apart at the first hint of criticism. Long live the other b*gger's opinion.

*EDIT* I would like to say that I completely disagree with the above opinion and think the perpetrator should be cast into a tub of old engine oil. Where he, she or it probably came from anyway. Harrumph.

Digusted of Tunbridge Wells

*EDIT* So what's wrong with Tunbridge Wells? I'll have you know /cont p94

#67 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

A piece of cloth consists of warp and weft ... thread interwoven at right angles. That's what holds it together. Likewise, it's the differences that keep tmf strong. If we all thought the same the forum would fall apart at the first hint of criticism. Long live the other b*gger's opinion.

Thats quite deep Teapot!! A lil too deep for my liking! Could you not have likened the forum to lesbians? Like you can't have a good lesbian 'educational video' with one brunette and one blonde. I have no idea how that links in with the forum, but its conjured up nice thoughts in my head at least.

#68 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

OK, tmf is like two lesbians laid at right angles :(

Oh dear, I just know this is going to be censored and I was just trying to make a reasonable point and now I've gone all off topic

#69 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

OK, tmf is like two lesbians laid at right angles :(

Oh dear, I just know this is going to be censored and I was just trying to make a reasonable point and now I've gone all off topic

that's so unlike you to go off topic, Dave! Ummm, what was the topic? ^_^

#70 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

that's so unlike you to go off topic, Dave!

Pancakes, Tim, that was it. I need more pancakes.

#71 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

that's so unlike you to go off topic, Dave!

Pancakes, Tim, that was it. I need more pancakes.

I'm planning on mass production of pancakes at Drag Wars! Maybe Saturday AND Sunday.....

#72 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hmmmm..............yummy yummy!!! Yes Please!!!!! :(

Just one thing about this site.................can you change the web address so I can access it from work again!!! I can get onto every other forum except this one and Jammys....

IT'S NOT FAIR.......!!!!!!!!!!!

#73 TWICEmonkey

TWICEmonkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:24 PM

Aawww, poor TC. Sounds like you need a hug: >-:(-< (that's arms stretched out, by the way)

#74 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:58 PM

Awwww.........thanks :(

#75 TWICEmonkey

TWICEmonkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

It's because I care...sometimes too much. Ladies won't comlain, but the men might

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users