23 replies to this topic

#16 tommy

tommy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:33 AM

ahhh excellent! i'm going to the vscc thing this weekend at prescott.

Grrr! :tongue: Would like to have met up there but will be swanning about in Dorset/Devon for a week. Next time perhaps Tommy?

Definetly.. sounds good to me!

#17 Mini Steve

Mini Steve

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:22 AM

Down here in Devon & Cornwall my local ones are Werrington and Castle hill climbs and Finlake until they stopped holding it there. There are also a couple of forest rallies in the Bodmin area that we go to.

Sweet!!!i absolutley love hillclimbs!!! :-

got a post in wanted section lookin for a car to do it in!!i dont really fancy takin my mini up there because if anything happened... ;)
New Car!!

i Marshall at Castle most years!!not sure if i can make first day of the August event tho!!shud b on the second :grin:

#18 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

Blimey, more interest than I expected! OK I think I've sorted out who wants to walk up hills and who wants to drive up them. Now can anyone explain how you get the power down through the front wheels when going uphill with the weight on the back? I can remember the old rwd ERAs with twin rear wheels but things have changed a bit since then.

#19 austin68

austin68

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:24 PM

Pah.... 3 peaks 24 hours... Ben Nevis, ScaFell and Snowdon.  :cool:

Ooooooh, I want to do that!!!

Ive been trying to get a team to do this for the "Care Humanitarian Relief Fund", they provide support and accomodation etc but require sponsorship.

Give me a shout if your interested.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but its for charity mate! :wink:

Oh and ive thought about making mine a bit of a hill climber.

#20 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:17 AM

Anyone know any hillclimb events in Kent?

#21 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

my mate does hillclimbs and sprints, he's in the modified production class, so you are allowed a lot of mods, and can run on slicks.
i mechanic for and rebuilt the car for him last winter, and if i'm feeling brave even have a drive.
we do sprints in essex and suffolk, and hillclimbs at prescott and west wales, have to admit prescott is my favourite, all the history,the setting, everything is great!

this is him last weekend at bentwaters sprint, we were pretty outclassed by the very long straights, car is geared for 96mph at 7000rpm, but gets there very quickly, and more suited to hills....

Posted Image

#22 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

car is geared for 96mph at 7000rpm, but gets there very quickly, and more suited to hills....

What a little cracker! Yep, Prescott is a Grand Day Out I must say, but pretty expensive I think these days? I wonder if we could get a special rate for a bunch of tmf-ers?

#23 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

prescott is VERY popular, so getting entries is a bit of a lottery, preference is given to competitors who are in championships, and it depends on how full your class is.
entries are about £100, which is about average, or just a little dearer than most others.......but its well worth it for a great weekend away.

#24 pickmeup

pickmeup

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Minis

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:22 PM

I used to do sprints and hillclimbs in a spaceframe maguire, im turning the clubbie into a hillclimber once ive finished my mates cars.

Prescott will be the closest for me but hopefully first outing will be at coombe in september.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users