Photo

Do You Believe In Ghosts? Cause I Think I've Caught Some On Camera!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Basically the other day me and some mates went out to do abit of urban exploration. We went to an old hospital not far from my house.

This hospital is about 120 years old now i think but closed down some time in the 90's and in that time its been pretty much completly gutted, there nothing in it really, but still intresting to look around.

This is what it looks like - Sorry if the pics are abit big:

Posted Image

and like this inside

Posted Image

Anyway we were in there taking pictures and stuff and basically on quite a few of the pictures, there are unexplainable shapes. My frind with the camera was simply sticking her nose in each room as we walked through the long halls and taking a picture, there was nobody that could have been in front of the camera. At first we were just like 'it'll just be some dust' or 'your being daft its your finger in the way' but when we looked closer at the pics and got them up on the PC we realised that none of our reasons really suit whats in these pics.

The camera was set in black and white mode alot of the time so the pics were more arty....

Anyway heres an example of what were talking about:

Posted Image

It looks like a figure sticking its head into the shot, but there was nothing there, nothing in the way and nothing on the lens. The rooms were pretty well lit too so its nothing to do with the flash because it wasn't on most of the time.

My friend kept nudging the camera settings button which makes the cam take 2 photos in quick succesion, this is pretty weird. The first pic just shows the room we were in:

Posted Image

But then the second pic, taken immediatly after by the camera shows some wierd black ghostly outline:

Posted Image

Theres this one too - Althought doesn't really look like anything:

Posted Image

and this one too, which has some weird white fog effect - Although i'll admit this could just of been the lighting:

Posted Image

These could all be easily dismissed and i was just thinking meh its nothing but then i saw these pics.

These pics were taken in the basement of the hospital. There is very little light down here, only that from the door where we came in and the vent holes in the walls and ceilings.

Heres some old staff lockers we found down there which i thought was pretty cool:

Posted Image

Anyway, there is a lift shaft in this building which since the hospital has shut down has had its cables cut but some chavs or whoever and the lift has obviously fell down to the bottom of the basement.

Now again with the camera set to take 2 pics in quick sucession, my friend took a picture of the lift. Here the first picture:

Posted Image

Then the camera took a second picture, and when we looked at it we were pretty sure this was a ghost!

Posted Image

;D

Looking at that pic - I'm not sure what to think! I know for sure there was none of my other mates anywhere near us when we took the pic and you tell its not just something like a finger across the lens.

I have to admit its freaked me out abit!

What do other people reckon of this? Anybody had anything similar happen to their cameras?

#2 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

oh thats weird very intresting tho

i took some pics down the graveyard and there was little white dots all over the place and in another pic the was this shadow like figer that was in the dark ;D if that makes sence

#3 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thats wikid! Nice photos. Creepy! - Wish i could go exploring with you sometime lol

#4 JohnGordon

JohnGordon

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Local Club: N.W Mini's / O.D.M.C

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

that's pretty weird man! I love stuff like this!

#5 jammiedodger26

jammiedodger26

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Ooo that's weird! Also, the focus is still on the background, not the "object" in the foreground so it hasn't adjusted to anything!

Maybe it's a finger-pupper ghost of Zorro......all dark and mysterious?

;D

#6 jammiedodger26

jammiedodger26

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Wish i could go exploring with you sometime lol

I swear everything you say is an innuendo Craig!!! haha!!!

#7 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

these ghost photos, do you have them in colour?

#8 Zacherius

Zacherius

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Local Club: M4MINIS

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

I see dead people !! lol

There used to be an old mental hospital ( cefn Mably ) near me where we used to wander around at night ( definately haunted ! ) and had a long underground tunnel to a burned down church. They ripped it all down a few years back and built houses on it..... and since doing that, no-one has lived in an individual house for more than 2 years, ( one quoted in paper saying they felt a strange unsafe feeling ) and four people have died from accidents ( there are only 10 houses ).... creepy !

#9 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

these ghost photos, do you have them in colour?

Unfoutunatly not, she had the camera set in black and white most of the time so theres no original colour images, the only colour ones were outside pretty much...

#10 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

theses are really good,post them on 28dayslater.com,youll get loads of replys and comments.

#11 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Yeah i look at that site all the time, just never bothered signing up...

#12 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

its well worth signing up if your into your urban exploring,these pictures are better than some of the reports from guys who are really experienced and have done it for years,you should pat yourself on the back!!

what camera were you using,when i go out i use an old manual SLR,with a 50mm and 135mm lense,and ISO 400 speed black and white film with a red filter,do it the old fashioned way,and i to came up with some strange " shadow "effects which to this day cannot be explained by some guys i know in the photographic department!!

Edited by the.stroker, 14 January 2009 - 06:26 PM.

#13 nurseholliday

nurseholliday

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

its well worth signing up if your into your urban exploring,these pictures are better than some of the reports from guys who are really experienced and have done it for years,you should pat yourself on the back!!

what camera were you using,when i go out i use an old manual SLR,with a 50mm and 135mm lense,and ISO 400 speed black and white film with a red filter,do it the old fashioned way,and i to came up with some strange " shadow "effects which to this day cannot be explained by some guys i know in the photographic department!!

You're clearly looking at the wrong posts on there.

These are nice photos, and the ghost thing is cool, but nothing groundbreaking here. Definitely worth sticking them up on 28dl though.

#14 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

"clearly looking at the wrong posts ",whatever,
IMO,yes thats IMO "some" of these shots are better than "some" i have seen on 28dl!!
I love the use of black and white shots,they seem to produce a more sharper moody image

#15 Rhyd

Rhyd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil Minis (Warwickshire)

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Looks to me as though your shutter's on the way out or there's some crud stopping it from opening correctly. Take the lens off and fire off a few snaps while looking at the shutter to see if you can spot anything unusual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users