5 replies to this topic

#1 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

ok guys,i bought a pre verto slave cylinder as per the build manual and fitted and bled the system.
i later removed the plunger to adjust the throw and set the clutch up ,no problem i thought ,the slave cylinder has an internal circlip retaining the piston so itll be ok.
but guess what ! i pumped the pedal a couple of times to set the piston for measuring and my genuine lockheed pre verto slave from mini spares has no internal circlip and so blew its internals out along with fluid all over the place.
so did i buy a *melon* slave cylinder (lockheed 33425) or have these replaced the older model?
what do i now use and where can i buy one?
thanks
jon

#2 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

I bought mine from Minispares. I just matched the picture in the build manual so don't have the part number but I think it was this one:

http://www.minispare...ty=pb&pid=34089

...mine had a clip in any case. When I set it, I removed the boot to gauge full travel, and set the travel max to within about 3/16" or so of the circlip, with the actuator arm pointing back at about 45deg at rest / pedal at top of travel...works a treat...

ok guys,i bought a pre verto slave cylinder as per the build manual and fitted and bled the system.
i later removed the plunger to adjust the throw and set the clutch up ,no problem i thought ,the slave cylinder has an internal circlip retaining the piston so itll be ok.
but guess what ! i pumped the pedal a couple of times to set the piston for measuring and my genuine lockheed pre verto slave from mini spares has no internal circlip and so blew its internals out along with fluid all over the place.
so did i buy a *melon* slave cylinder (lockheed 33425) or have these replaced the older model?
thanks
jon

#3 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

exactly as above - it really must have the circlip otherwise it'll just keep popping

#4 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

thanks, i did order a pre verto slave cylinder and it looks the same externally only its missing the circlip so ill ring them
cheers

#5 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

thanks, i did order a pre verto slave cylinder and it looks the same externally only its missing the circlip so ill ring them
cheers

I had exactly the same issue with min-its, apparently it may be the 'correct' slave cylinder by name and part number - but definitely no circlip.
Just for the record, whilst in holland we popped a correct slave cylinder that actually had the circlip in - circlip got lost so had to trailer it home - its important to get it positioned up very precisely and to a degree resist the urge to pump the clutch.

#6 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

thanks
jon

Hi matey

No need to buy another i had a new verto salve sitting on the shelf so i didn't want to buy a new pre verto slave etc. so all i have done is make a small half moon shape piece of steel then weld it on the end hey presto you have full travel witch it good & it doesn't leak & if need to change piston seals etc you just grind the weld of & out it comes >_< myn works beautifully if i do say so my self!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users