3 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

I'm having some rough engine running, and judging by the signs (rough acceleration response, low tug at low RPM, removing leads has no effect in #2 and #3 cylinders) it might be the head gasket.

What I would like to know is is it OK to use a head gasket from another engine? If it's used but is completely fine, is it okay? Or is this one of those things that has to be replaced every time you take off the head? because if it is... :)

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:29 PM

Your best off usin a new one matey because the kinda compress and it wont seal properly next time you use it...

what sorta price you lookin at for one over there?

I have a spare 1275 head set that i aint gonna use if you want to buy it - £5 + post to u mate...

#3 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:34 PM

ill have to check out how much they are here. I don't need one right now as I might actually give the engine a re-haul so will remove it compeletely in which case I won't need it for a while!

I'll get a new one when the time is right :)

#4 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:03 AM

every time you take something off that has a gasket when you put it back on use a new one, always!! and for head gaskets use a copper one not a crappy card/paper/C**p one, they cost more but they are alot better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users