dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

With quite a few minis being fixed up at the moment ready for show season
hows everyone getting on with their cars??

dougals all but ready , although on his first trip outside the garage his rear lights and front indicators stopped working :ermm:
i just have his lamp bar to fit which needs alterations to it , and he desperately needs an oil change
other than that i,ll have to finish his cosmetic bits i,m not happy with as funds allow
but i have to drive him soon before i go insane :thumbsup:

#2 daemonchild

daemonchild

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Not even started the red one yet. :ermm: (Need to get it transported to Bracknell - waiting on my mate's car being repaired; it has the tow bar!)
But in other news, the blue one got a wash recently.

#3 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

oh well sounds quite good, at least you get a drive soon!

Er I went up to Bristol to mot Oscar, hoping it would be the usual few ball joints and bushes. But noooooo, big fat fail on the rear subframe. So instead of swapping the front subframe, I have just spent 4 days running around like a mental headless chicken trying to find a rear subby, then drop the old one, clean up the underside, rebuild the new one as both the radius arms were siezed, then refit it! not much fun. Any fun, actually! But anyway, at least its all done and nice and clean with new shiny bits, hilos, camber brackets etc. Even though my mate did try to flame grill the car welding a little patch on the heelboard! So anyway at easter i'll go back up to swap the front subframe for a nice one ive built up with adjustable everything, then a few days tinkering and a quick home paintjob and I should be present and correct in time for the riv run, woohoo! my wallet is not particularly happy, but Ive started so i'll damn well finish everything as I want for the show season! Good luck to everyone else still working on the minis!

:ermm:

ps. oh and Carly also put her elbow through the screen of my macbook so I have no internet access at home for the time being. Which is rather rubbish when Im trying to get styling ideas and order parts etc!

Edited by stickycreambun, 20 February 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#4 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

Well Runner wont start, its got a big hole in the floor and also is looking really sad (Dont ask me whats wrong with it I only know if it starts or not haha) . Hopefully Dj will read this and pull his finger out and get on with it, even if Runner is not clean and shiny maybe he will move off the drive. Krystle xx

#5 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Well Runner wont start, its got a big hole in the floor and also is looking really sad (Dont ask me whats wrong with it I only know if it starts or not haha) . Hopefully Dj will read this and pull his finger out and get on with it, even if Runner is not clean and shiny maybe he will move off the drive. Krystle xx

i hope so krystle :w00t: i think runner knows you have a baby on the way and is a little bit jelous and is being naughty :dontgetit:

#6 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

oh well sounds quite good, at least you get a drive soon!

Er I went up to Bristol to mot Oscar, hoping it would be the usual few ball joints and bushes. But noooooo, big fat fail on the rear subframe. So instead of swapping the front subframe, I have just spent 4 days running around like a mental headless chicken trying to find a rear subby, then drop the old one, clean up the underside, rebuild the new one as both the radius arms were siezed, then refit it! not much fun. Any fun, actually! But anyway, at least its all done and nice and clean with new shiny bits, hilos, camber brackets etc. Even though my mate did try to flame grill the car welding a little patch on the heelboard! So anyway at easter i'll go back up to swap the front subframe for a nice one ive built up with adjustable everything, then a few days tinkering and a quick home paintjob and I should be present and correct in time for the riv run, woohoo! my wallet is not particularly happy, but Ive started so i'll damn well finish everything as I want for the show season! Good luck to everyone else still working on the minis!

:w00t:

ps. oh and Carly also put her elbow through the screen of my macbook so I have no internet access at home for the time being. Which is rather rubbish when Im trying to get styling ideas and order parts etc!

sounds like your having as much fun as me at the moment mr bun!

#7 danny1

danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

mines looking tatty on teh outside and inside but she runs well so im not complaning really.
i went to get it sparayed soon but i dotn have the cash. so ill just have to put iup with it looking like its built form 5 cars

#8 Laaly_30

Laaly_30

Previously know as sbsbemey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

bodywork= solid as a rock
electrics basically just say no, so its wiring is getting sorted by an autoelectrician, and the garage has told me that the handbrake wasnt actually put in properly and came off in the guys hand hehe oops. (not my fault, only had it 2 weeks)

and its been driven twice by me...

...and the steering column needs a tighten

Hopefully getting it back tomorrow. I miss Marty! Need to go out driving =[

#9 BLKcooper

BLKcooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart mini club

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Bodywork is fine... still looks like a police car..

Still no engine.. missing one part..

No M.O.T...

So its ok i suppose lol, cant do anything with it yet :S

#10 AshW

AshW

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I just have a bare shell with an engine half bolted in. Extremely long way off being done.

#11 Bigideas

Bigideas

The Oldest Swinger In Town

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:22 AM

My new engine is going in today :P But I have been told to stay away until it,s done :thumbsup:

#12 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

good advice i think malc :P

#13 sammy08

sammy08

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Local Club: swmc & TMC

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hi everyone.

My van is coming on well. Andy (Timo) has spent the last year working on the van.
Hope to have the van on the road before riv run.

hope you guys manage to get your minis sorted for the season.

see you all soon.

sam xxx

#14 BLKcooper

BLKcooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi everyone.

My van is coming on well. Andy (Timo) has spent the last year working on the van.
Hope to have the van on the road before riv run.

hope you guys manage to get your minis sorted for the season.

see you all soon.

sam xxx

My mini WILL be sorted for the season!

Ive had 5 months without it now and the peugeot is starting to bore me :P

#15 timogas

timogas

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

My van is dead,Currently sat in the car port with a flat tyre and a blown engine, may possibly get it back on the road road for the Riv run, If i manage to get Sammy08`s van Done and out the Garage. Have Fun fixing the troublesom Mins. Andy,,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users