#16 dmayes12

dmayes12

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Well I havent seen Minime since 17th jan when i dropped him off for a load of work. Start to miss my little friend now even though I've only had him sice last Nov!

That said he is in good hands and being treated nice! Sorting all rust out new floor panels going in, new doors, new bootlid, full respray with white roof this time and a union jack on it! New bumpers and oh yeah just ordered some new Cobra Lemans seats in the new 09 spacer blure fabric to go in him.

So although its not nice being without him cant't wait to get him back! Prob wont be till may tho boo hoo!

#17 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

Well Phoebe doesn't need anything major doing (until now prob....because i've written this :lol: ) i've got all the goodies i bought at last years shows still to go on, Andrew will have a busy weekend on Phoebe soon, hopefully :dontgetit:

#18 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart mini club

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

my mini just needs some weldin on the exhaust then its all done got next week of so do it then

#19 Gingerjoe

Gingerjoe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Local Club: Tmf

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Mines not doing to bad! more than drivable, Just need to get my new wheels on! 10x6 wellers, hilows, New shocks, new petrol sender, full beam has gone funnnny, want to get it sound proofed, backbox fitted, straight though atm, Im thinking that might have something to do with the petrol going so fast. oooh & new carpet oooh & boot lining kit! sooorted.

#20 danny1

danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

gave mine some ne woil spark plugs and cables as wlel as a new coil today she seems to b running alot better, got my new wheel arches turnign up soon an dthen ill be lookign to gte her sprayed up for summer but, as always im skint so gonna have to save up.

so does any one know any were thats good, and local to st austell, dont really want to travel to far?

#21 BLKcooper

BLKcooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart mini club

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

I use Tommo's bodyshop in hewaswater.

Really good service there, he did my neighbours mini also :D

#22 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

Well my note on here must of helped have not seen Dj all weekend he has been in the Garage working on Runner, he has got the engine ready to go in now, so just to do engine change AGAIN! Then I think body work and bit of welding and few other bits. So the baby may just come home from hospital in him, as Dj would like to do. Krystle xx

#23 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

Well my note on here must of helped have not seen Dj all weekend he has been in the Garage working on Runner, he has got the engine ready to go in now, so just to do engine change AGAIN! Then I think body work and bit of welding and few other bits. So the baby may just come home from hospital in him, as Dj would like to do. Krystle xx

oh bless him!!
just tell dj your getting a few twinges ,might make him go faster still :D

#24 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

had a look at mine this morning just to check the front subframe and found that the tie bar bracket is broken even more than i thought so got to change front subframe now its almost ready to come out just need to undo subframe mounts and lower down the engine and subframe then tranfer all over to the other subframe

#25 chadders15

chadders15

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

With quite a few minis being fixed up at the moment ready for show season
hows everyone getting on with their cars??

dougals all but ready , although on his first trip outside the garage his rear lights and front indicators stopped working :withstupid:
i just have his lamp bar to fit which needs alterations to it , and he desperately needs an oil change
other than that i,ll have to finish his cosmetic bits i,m not happy with as funds allow
but i have to drive him soon before i go insane :)

badly
scraped the door on it
:P

#26 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

subframe and engine are out and the engine is split from subframe ready to change the clutch just got to strip the hubs and brakes off the subframe and finish painting the new subframe and replace the bottom arm bushes

#27 dougal

dougal

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

dougals been out on his 2nd little drive :genius:
now needs new choke cable, indicators still need fixing and steering wobble at 50mph!!
cant take him out anymore thats more than enough to fix for now :D

#28 CraigyBoy

CraigyBoy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

My progress has slowed down, shell is all polished, and solid. Engine bay is finished and most accessories in, just need to get time from uni to finish off a few jobs on the engine and put it in, then do some testing, re-fit interior and run it in.

So frustrating when u just cant get the time.

Edited by CraigyBoy, 26 February 2009 - 01:36 PM.

#29 RowenBlaineSkinley

RowenBlaineSkinley

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

wired down my bonnet and thats about it. Dads having time off of work in a couple of weeks. gonna make a record of cutting it up and welding it on in a solid day. 2 outer door sills, 2 front floor pans, top dash rail, inner scuttle, outer scuttle, 2 front wings, front panel, 2 A's, plate up some holes in the rear floor pan, and then the boot floor needs to be patched up in the usual places.

Personally i think its a couple of days work but my dad always amazes me :genius:

Then going to get ready for all the mods, it really annoys me when people complain about mods, minis would be boring if everyone kept them standard?

already spent a good 2 grand on parts so far, so when all the body work is done, it wont take long to put it all back together and get to the 50th anniversary show :D

#30 minidj

minidj

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

;) Looks like Krystles hi-jacked my log in on this one lol!!! As she has mentioned though progress has been made stripped and rebuilt the old 1275 engine that krystle killed on the way to bristol miniday lastyear :yinyang: removed the remains of the old passenger wing dug a 'kin great hole on inner wing and passenger footwell last weekend. Today removed Thou engine and bolted 1275 in place fitted new 3branch manifold hopefully wire it up 2mrw and get life then its welding time for wing and then il have to wait for me dads mate to come and replace footwell hopefully next wkend. 3weeks until Bumpalumps here so theres still a chance he/she will have its ride home in Runner. Happy days keep building/polishing (miniT) lol :) :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users