#1 welshdan

welshdan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

A few months back I modified a dellorto 52mm alloy throttle body to fit my mini.

I did this by using the dellorto body./spindle set-up, whilst using the standard mpi mini linkage. I wont bore you with any further detail!

Fitted to the car today. Previously was running the standard throttle body which I ‘derestricted’, allowing it to open to full throttle. The original used to ‘stick’ for a time, but then worked fine.

The new one has the same problem. It sticks at higher revs, usually in 4th. I have also cut the restrictor piece on the new one, allowing it to open fully, wheras it wouldn’t have been able to on prev engine. I have looked and the tb doesn’t close completely from higher revs/4th. This seems to be due to the spindle not snapping shut. Have sprayed linkage and spring with molicote and this has improved the situation a little

Does anyone have any other ideas to stop this happening?

Many thanks

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Stiff cable? Carpet fouling the pedal?

#3 welshdan

welshdan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

have had air filter off. can make the throttle stick with my hand, so think its the butterfly. think im going to run it for a week or two, see if theres any improvement. took it for a blast tonight, seems to not be sticking as badly as earlier.

if this doesnt help, i might look at adding an external return spring.

thanks for your help sprocket. have finished porting and polishing my cylinder head, and am going to get it skimmed to around 10.6:1. also have polished inlet manifold, maniflow exhaust manifold and 1.5 lift roller rockers.

hopefully will be a nice power increase over standard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users