Photo

Would A Short In The Circuit Cause This (see Picture)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Its my relay module thats burnt out

cooper 1.3i
this is the 2nd time its happened with 2 different modules

Thanks
Allybally

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

Yes it could. Moved to the injection section where someone will know what part of the system is related to the burned track.

#3 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

Yes it could. Moved to the injection section where someone will know what part of the system is related to the burned track.

Thanks Mate

#4 Many Minis Make 1

Many Minis Make 1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Clubless apart from TMF

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Allybally, have you found the cause of the problem yet???? :D

#5 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

no not yet

#6 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

it looks like its the big Brown wire or the 3 Brown/Pink ones thats causing the problem,

does anyone know where the main relay is?

and what is a Fusable Link, and where are they?

Thanks

#7 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Burning like that normaly only happens there because of a bad connection.

Check the terminals in the connector plug. Remove the white ant back out cover by prising it up and away from the connector. The terminals look much like normal spade terminals.

The fuse links are under the sleaving down by the starter motor. The brown/ pink suplies the ECU, Injector, Coil, Stepper Motor, and purge valve. The burning of tracks for the Main relay switched supply and the starter motor switched supply, because they are two independant circuits, I would suspect that it is the connector that is the problem rather than anything else. The one that normaly burns is the manifold heater which looks ok there.

#8 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Burning like that normaly only happens there because of a bad connection.

Check the terminals in the connector plug. Remove the white ant back out cover by prising it up and away from the connector. The terminals look much like normal spade terminals.

The fuse links are under the sleaving down by the starter motor. The brown/ pink suplies the ECU, Injector, Coil, Stepper Motor, and purge valve. The burning of tracks for the Main relay switched supply and the starter motor switched supply, because they are two independant circuits, I would suspect that it is the connector that is the problem rather than anything else. The one that normaly burns is the manifold heater which looks ok there.

Great thanks, its getting me there, and your saying that the problem is the actual connectors, not the relay module, so i take the cover off the connector and clean it up, should i use wet and dry or just a rag, or do i need to buy a new connector,

thank you so much

Allybally

#9 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

You may find that the terminals have opened up a little, if they are not damaged you can close them up a little with a pair of pliers. If they themselves are burnt you will have to replace the terminals, which are available from Polevolt

#10 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

You may find that the terminals have opened up a little, if they are not damaged you can close them up a little with a pair of pliers. If they themselves are burnt you will have to replace the terminals, which are available from Polevolt

Thanks Mate im going to look now

Allybally

#11 Allybally

Allybally

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Hi, just to let you all know who helped me that ive managed to fix the problem, i cleaned all the connections, tightened them all up, and on my travels along the wires i found that 1 of them was frayed and was touching the engine, i fixed this and then fired the engine up, it runs sweet now, thanks everyone

Allybally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users