121 replies to this topic

#46 Metahawk

Metahawk

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Strewth thats a bit harsh, dont mince your words!

Appologies for being harsh but im a bit pationate about real minis.

Anything that is classic gets ruined as in this example. Its classic for a reason. Just look at the italian job, classic film and then it gets turned into some americanised movie with fat bmw's. Lets look at the beetle, the original had character, plenty of chrome and is something to be treasured, the new one looks like a bubble. Same goes with the real mini being spoiled. The bmw is a fat hunk of plastic that has no character what so ever. Its twice the size and claims to be a real mini?! it doesnt even look like one or sound like one and none of the parts of an original fit on it so thats how different it is.

#47 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:49 PM

hang on mate, this guy is working really hard to come up with something a bit different to the norm. so what if you dont like the new MINI? take a bit of time to appreciate the hard work, time and skill that has gone into this build. personally i think the new mini is a nice enough car, but is not a worthy successor to our treasured minis. this discussion pops up every week so i think you should just pipe down, you havent said anything that hasnt been said before. rant over.

#48 Metahawk

Metahawk

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

hang on mate, this guy is working really hard to come up with something a bit different to the norm. so what if you dont like the new MINI? take a bit of time to appreciate the hard work, time and skill that has gone into this build. personally i think the new mini is a nice enough car, but is not a worthy successor to our treasured minis. this discussion pops up every week so i think you should just pipe down, you havent said anything that hasnt been said before. rant over.

i am aware of the hardwork thats gone into it tho, and can appreciate that theres a lot of work involved, im just saying that the hard work could have gone into the restoration of keeping it what it is.

#49 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

Appologies for being harsh but im a bit pationate about real minis.

Anything that is classic gets ruined as in this example. Its classic for a reason. Just look at the italian job, classic film and then it gets turned into some americanised movie with fat bmw's. Lets look at the beetle, the original had character, plenty of chrome and is something to be treasured, the new one looks like a bubble. Same goes with the real mini being spoiled. The bmw is a fat hunk of plastic that has no character what so ever. Its twice the size and claims to be a real mini?! it doesnt even look like one or sound like one and none of the parts of an original fit on it so thats how different it is.

Would you just Shut the f**k up you stupid f**king T*ss*r!!!

Stop moaning and brining up s**t about how you hate the BMW mini etc. Its life man! Classic things get made into moddern classics etc.
The classic mini is a nice car, its also a very dated design now, And majority of them are either Modded to f**k or sat rotting in a scrappers. Theres very few that have been kept classic. and thats because they are out of date, and not many people want an old out of date car.

So get over it, and appreciate the work that smacmax has put into his mini. I think hes doing an amazing Job of it!

I love the old mini, and I love the BMW mini just as much. So what is better than a Cross between the two ay?

Keep up the good work smacmax. Its looking amazing!
WIsh I had the skill and patience to do what your doing!

<|Ben|>

#50 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

I'd say atleast 90% of all topics on The Mini Forum are about how someone hates BMW minis etc etc. We've heard it all before. It's a pretty boring subject now.

BMW made a NEW car, they didnt touch the classic mini. It has NO EFFECT on the classic mini whatsoever. Why does everyone have such a problem with them?

Keep up the good work smacmax, it'll look brilliant when it's finished! :P

#51 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

i agree havin a joke fair enough but going into the long haul windges does my nut in!

#52 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:18 PM

Who's up for a game of kerplunk? :-

Noone? :P

smac, absolutely brilliant job with that car, have to say out of everything you've done the bonnet vent transplant and the reshaped bootlid opening are my faves by far.

#53 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Who's up for a game of kerplunk?

omg i thought kerplunk was a game that only we had when we were kids WOW :P

#54 scars

scars

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

Kerplunk's a classic!

are you a patient all moves are thought out player, or an all out reckless adrenalin rush player?

#55 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:32 PM

they tried to relase it again with monkeys! :P

#56 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Think i missed out on this 'Kerplunk.' Never played it.

I love the rear lights, somehow they look better on the classic!

V.Good, gold star, top of the class!

#57 scars

scars

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

they tried to relase it again with monkeys! :P

hehe, nothing can be left original :- how were the monkey's incorporated into it?

i bet your folks will remember it bounce.

#58 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:40 PM

see....

Attached Files

#59 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

OHH!! do you have to pull out the sticks without anything falling???

#60 scars

scars

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

hmm, could be more fun than i first thought, as long as the monkeys come to no harm.

yeh thats it bounce, you remember it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users